Watch this panel discussion with some of the most active "twiplomats" including Nicola Clase, Swedish Ambassador to the UK, Tom Fletcher, UK Ambassador to Lebanon, Andreas Sandre, Press and Public Affairs Officer at Embassy of Italy, Washington, DC, Charlotta Ozaki Macias, Head of Communication, Swedish Foreign Ministry, Martha McLean, Deputy Director, Online communications and engagement, Government of Canada, Andrew Stroehlein, European Media Director, Human Rights Watch, Karen Melchior, Candidate for the Danish Radikale to the European Parliament, Róisín Traynor, Online Editor, International Crisis Group.
The discussion will be moderated by Matthias Lüfkens, Digital Practice Leader EMEA, Burson-Marsteller.
- Burson-MarstellerManaging Director, Digital, EMEA, 2012 - present
- World Economic ForumSocial Media Architect, 2004 - 2012
- EuroNewsDeputy Editor-in-Chief, 1996 - 1003
- In Your Pocket City GuidesCo-Founder, 1991 - 2011
- Agence France PresseBaltic Correspondent, 1992 - 1996
- LibérationBaltic Correspondent, 1992 - 1996
- The Daily TelegraphBaltic Correspondent, 1992 - 1996
- La Cinq
- Buzz (current)
Managing Director, Digital with Burson-Marsteller EMEA.
Formerly Associate Director and Social Media architect at the Wold Economic Forum where I have brought the world to Davos through the use of social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, YouTube, Livestream and Wikipedia.
Trained as a journalist I spent 6 years as a correspondent in the Baltic States for Agence France Presse, Libération and the Daily Telegraph. I spent 8 years as deputy editor in chief at EuroNews television. In Lithuania I launched the In Your Pocket city guides (www.inyourpocket.com) which have grown into a small publishing empire in Europe.
In my free time I film and edit videos for my numerous YouTube channels.
- Université de Lille IIILangues Étrangères Appliquées, 1984 - 1987
- Centre Universitaire d'Enseignement du Journalisme (CUEJ)Journalisme, 1987 - 1989