Watch this video to learn about the technology behind the Google+ break out feature called Hangouts.
Image the many useful things you can do with a live video streaming through your mobile device.
When you use a Google+ Hangout (the feature over to the right side of Google+ that lets you do a videoconference with up to nine other people) you are using video technology developed by http://vidyo.com
Here I meet the CEO, who shows me what they've been working on lately: even higher quality video telepresence services. Then we end up doing a Google Hangout so you can see the quality difference. Funny enough showed up there.
Enterprises who are trying to use videoconferencing at work should check this out.
You can go to HangoutParty.com and join this concert. This awesome technology is why people are leaving Facebook and joining Google+. Google has connected the artist with the audience.
Hi my beloved G+niuses!
What a beautiful wild ride it's been this week!
I feel so amazingly close to all of you and I cannot wait to see you faces tomorrow night (afternoon / morning the next day depending on where you are).
We've officially set it up so that CONCERT 2 will have UNLIMITED viewing for ALL even if you're not on G+
(If you're not already on G+ and you're reading this, click "send email" on my page and I'll invite you!)
So here's how to attend the show:
1. GET INTO THE HANGOUT WITH ME: Pull up my profile page here on G+: http://tiny.cc/gplusdaria that's where you'll see the green "Join This Hangout" button. That's what you click to get into the room to hang and laugh and listen with me face to face!
2. UNLIMITED VIEWING ALL NIGHT: If the Hangout room is full, open www.hangoutparty.com, which is a site set up and run by some cool G+niuses who stepped up to create a live stream! That's where you can watch the entire show all night!
3. HOW HANGOUT ROTATION WORKS: This is one of my favorite things about G+: how we work together as a community, a team and a family! What we did at the first hangout concert is that people would click "Join This Hangout" stay for a few songs, a few laughs and make some friends from all over the world ... and then exit the Hangout to let someone else in. It's organized by you G+niuses working together. :-)
Last time people even posted on my page saying things like "I'm dropping out in 30 seconds, start clicking to grab my spot!"
4. TALK TO ME: Even if you couldn't get into the actual Hangout with me, you can talk to me via TWITTER and the chat window on hangoutparty.com! On twitter include the HASHTAG #dariagplus and write me a note or a question. You can do the same in the hangoutparty.com chat. Someone will be in the room with me to relay your messages, and I'll answer you right into the camera!
5. TECHNICAL NOTES: If you're watching on www.hangoutparty.com and you get into the actual Hangout with me, be sure to MUTE THE VOLUME ON hangoutparty.com to avoid weird echos and stuff. Also, if anything funky happens and we lose connection, hang tight for a moment and I'll start a new Hangout on my page and we'll keep going! :-)
6. STARTS AT 7PM (EDT) BUT YOU KNOW ME - I'LL PLAY ALL NIGHT FOR THE CHANCE TO MEET AS MANY OF YOU POSSIBLE! I've been drinking tons of electrolyte water and prepping like a marathon runner... So I'm looking forward to another all-night show with you! I can't wait to see Sunday morning in Australia and the sunrise in Europe and most importantly, all of your G+rgeous faces! :-)
Someone said I should stop thanking you G+ys for being so awesome. I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. ;-)
Thank you for sharing with me this beautiful place where we are all G+niuses and we all belonG+.
I'd like to say a special thank you to the team of G+niuses who rallied around me to after the first concert to give their expertise, friendship and to help make this concert available for all to see! And a very very very special thank you to and and the rest of the Hangout and G+ Team for building this beautiful world that has changed my life forever.
Saturday will be a Gl+obal G+athering of G+niuses!!
Can't wait to share songs, meet new friends and have another night I know I'll never forget!
*Your G+rl Forever,
P.s. Let's all send a ton of love to my first concert audience member and his home country of Norway today. I fell in love with Norway when Martin showed me the sunrise there through his screen... I will of course sing for Martin and Oslo on Saturday. All the people of Norway are in our thoughts and hearts!
- The Wolfington CompaniesEntrepreneur, present
Sean Wolfington, chairman and CEO of The Wolfington Companies, is a financier and entrepreneur with businesses in the marketing, technology, real estate and film industries. At the age of 34 Wolfington was a finalist in Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year Award” which was won by Wayne Huizenga, founder of Blockbuster and Autonation, the previous year. Wolfington was also named the 2010 “Entrepreneur of Year” by Haute Living magazine.
Wolfington currently owns interests in a group of technology and marketing companies in the entertainment, technology and automotive industry. These companies include the One Media, Level 5 Advertising, Tier 10 Marketing, the Automotive Advertising Network, Team Velocity, Car-mercial, Call Revu, the American Dream Network, DealerAppVantage and Vin Solutions, the 33rd fastest growing technology company on the Inc 500 list, where Wolfington served as the Chairman of the Board.
Wolfington founded some of the most successful marketing and consulting companies in the automotive industry – Automark and Cyber Car (sold to Reynolds and Reynolds in 2001) and BZ Results (sold to ADP in 2006). BZ Results was recognized as the “Innovative Company of the Year” for pioneering digital marketing in the automotive industry and enabling billions of dollars of retail sales over the Internet.
Wolfington’s companies have worked with 14 automotive, 76 of the top 100 dealer groups and over 4,000 retailers in 18 countries. Wolfington’s current clients include automotive manufacturers, associations and retailers along with global brands, media companies, films and international musicians. Beyond automotive, the company has successfully marketed feature films Bella, Narnia, Blind Side, Charlottes Web, and architected the entire digital marketing strategy for Grammy Award-winning musician Shakira, the producer of the most viewed YouTube video in history with 340 million views.
Wolfington also owns a film production company, the One Media, which produced three major motion pictures: “Self-Medicated”, the most award winning film of 2006 (38 awards), “The MightyMacs” and “Bella”. “Bella”, a film that Wolfington financed, produced and distributed, won the largest festival in the world (Toronto International Film Festival) and was the #1 Top Rated Film in 2007 by the largest film review site in the world (www.RottenTomatoes.com. “Bella” was also the #1 top rated film by the people on Yahoo, Fandango and the New York Times Readers poll during its theatrical release and was the #1 grossing film of 2006 in its category.
Wolfington is the chairman of The Wolfington Charitable Foundation which actively supports charities that serve the poor, support positive causes and defend the defenseless. In 2008, Wolfington was honored with the President’s Service Award for his work to serve others and received the Legacy Award from the National Council for Adoption.
Wolfington resides on the island of Key Biscayne, Florida with his wife Ana and their four children.