Innovation Media Consulting:
As a senior director at Innovations Media Consulting
of London, I consult with magazine and newspaper companies worldwide on implementing newsroom integration and digital innovation. I have spoken about media innovation at conferences in London, Riyadh, Vienna, Seoul, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Oslo, Stockholm, etc. I edit the annual "Innovations in Magazines World Report" for the world association of magazines.
I am creating a company to help students and recent grads leverage the power of social media to find the job of their dreams. Degrees2Dreams
, launching in summer 2013, will train students to showcase their skills, raise their profiles in their fields, build a network of powerful people, and stand out from the crowd. We will help them create:
• Interactive resumes with QR codes linking to videos of themselves and their best reference
• "Me sites" to serve as their digital portfolios
• "Passion blogs" to showcase their skills and raise their profile in their field
• Social media marketing campaigns to bring themselves to the attention of the key players in their niche
• And informational interviews to build a network of powerful people who can help them land that first job.
Prior to Degrees2Dreams, I started a company to recruit high-quality bloggers for major media companies (including Reuters, Christian Science Monitor, Scripps Newspapers, GlobalPost, LA Times) to increase the breadth and depth of the company's content offerings and their relevance, readership, reach and revenue.
Over 40 years in media, I have built successful print and online companies from scratch and rebuilt existing publications to capture new markets, achieve new revenues, increase readership, realize savings, and create prize-winning content.
Highly effective motivator known for using innovative team-building methods. Experienced, energetic public speaker.