What will it take to take STARTTLS to 100%? https://www.facebook.com/notes/protect-the-graph/the-current-state-of-smtp-starttls-deployment/1453015901605223
The Current State of SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 34 previous comments
- http://the-edge.taht.net/post/starttls_considered_helpful/ is still kind of drafty and I missed multiple point here.Jan 26, 2016
- Please keep my name out of your diatribes. I will not have my situation carelessly and superciliously "explained" by you. Or I will feel it necessary to publicly deal with this.Jan 26, 2016
- I will no longer respond on this thread and am muting it. I am enormously disappointed in you. I have sent you a separate private communication. /mutedJan 26, 2016
- consider thyself at least somewhat anonymized.Jan 26, 2016
- If you are trying to influence people, comments like "Heh. Heh. Heh. Next time I do this I am for sure going to point people at the bofh page" are not the way to go about it (fuck you too, Dave!)
Your new post also glosses over the major point being made here---for some of us, enabling TLS isn't cheap enough! Yeah, legacy systems suck but it is what it is. You come across as barging in on our business, telling us it's easy to do this and ignoring us when we tell you, no, it's not.Jan 26, 2016
- ok, I pushed an update with something closer to what you wanted. I can try to bring out that you think the major point is that it isn't cheap enough, earlier.
I got rid of most of the channelling the bofh joke.Jan 26, 2016
Add a comment...