Found this on Reddit today. Some theories are quite interesting.
- That its just viral marketing for a LOST sequel.
- They land in Beijing as originally scheduled (just a week later), refuse to answer any questions whatsoever, and the pilot just says "sorry we're late"
- The plane appears in the sky above Beijing. Air traffic control recognizes it as the missing plane and immediately clears the way for it to land.
The plane touches down, taxis off the Tarmac, accompanied by a fleet of emergency vehicles. Stairs are brought alongside.
The door of the plane opens.
Absolutely nobody is inside. The plane is completely empty.
- The plane landed safely in Beijing. They found us and all the rest of humanity dead.
- Every few days a Passenger is discovered in a random country all over the world. They all have no memories of the flight at all. The plane is never found. (The only data on the black box is the URL of the youtube music video for Never Gonna Give You Up.)
- The plane had safely arrived at it's destination, but the news had the wrong flight number so no one ever admitted to it
- The Malaysian Air Force / Navy shot it down on accident and have been covering it up the whole time to prevent an incident with China.
It's not without precedent : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
- We don't find the plane until October, then, one night a plane engine just falls on a house, killing a teenage boy.
It would be kind of funny, but also kind of sad. (Donnie Darko ?)
- The plane hit a time warp and ended up at the begging of the Egyptian empire. The people from the flight used their knowledge of the future, to help the Egyptians, with technology. The Egyptians saw these people as gods and the plane as a chariot of descending from the clouds. The Egyptian made hieroglyphics telling this story.
- It's one of jimmy kimmel's pranks. I'm calling it
- Plane crashed in the ocean. The only survivors are a small boy with a funny Indian accent and a hungry tiger in the same life raft.
- They land at their destination safely. Everyone gets off the plane normally as if nothing happened. EXCEPT... Tupac Shakur is the last passenger off the plane. Boy were we wrong.
- It's a new form of 'silent' terrorism. No demands, no claims of responsibility, just causing significant numbers of people to disappear without trace. This could be the first of a spate of similar disappearances of airliners, ferries and cruise ships.
I mean, look at it - this disappearance has had far more media coverage and attention than a mere crash or hijacking would have. Imagine the panic if this started happening semi-regularly. The fear of the unknown is far worse than anything else terrorists could throw at us.
_Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/20d6x3/what_is_the_craziest_way_the_mystery_of_flight/?sort=top_