After bashing my head against this problem on and off for several years, I think I finally understand how to track call stacks properly in a lazy functional language. If this pans out, we'll get backtraces in GHCi and more accurate profiling.
214 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- Does he prescribe Agda?Aug 9, 2011
- Patient: It hurts when I shoot myself in the foot.
Doctor: I'm going to put your arms in casts so you can't reach the gun...Aug 9, 2011
- Aug 9, 2011
- Ask your doctor if Haskell is right for you. Side-effects include: nothing.
Credit: saw it on Ivan Tarasov's status first :)Aug 9, 2011
- Bravo! Sounds wonderful :).Aug 9, 2011
- reFLect does indeed have stack traces, but it wasn't me who designed them - and I personally didn't use them much. ReFLect also has a pretty cool debugger, also not my doing, and not something I used much. I always liked to print out my code, disappear into a room, and meditate.Aug 10, 2011