- Kansas City Neighborhood Advisory CouncilSW Regional Representative, 2012 - present
- FBI-Law Enforcement Executive Development AssociationExecutive Board of Directors, 2013 - present
- Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas CityCommunity Advisory Committee, present
- Garden City Police DepartmentChief of Police, 2000 - present
- FBI-Law Enforcement Executive Development AssociationRegional Representative (Region 8), 2007 - 2013
- 308th Psychological Operations Company (U.S. Army)Commander, 1989 - 2012
Chief Alber began his Law Enforcement career in 1989 with the
Anderson County, Kansas Sheriffs Office and has served in various
positions including patrol, narcotics and Deputy Chief of Police for
various departments throughout Kansas and Missouri. Chief Alber was
hired by Garden City in 2000 serving as a Detective, Deputy Chief and
was appointed Chief of Police in 2003.
Chief Alber served in the United States Marine Corps from 1985-1989 then with the United States Army from 1989 to 2012. Chief Alber has served as a Military Police Officer, a Tactical Intelligence Officer, Anti-Terrorism Officer, Psychological Operations Officer and Arabic Linguist. He retired as commander of the 308th Psychological Operations Company, United States Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command Airborne, U. S. Army Special Operations Command.
Chief Alber is a 1995 Graduate of Central Missouri State University in Criminal Justice Administration and Fire Science. Chief Alber is also a Graduate of the FBI’s Central States Regional Command College 17th Session, the DEA Drug Unit Commander’s Course and is a Regional Representative to the FBI- Law Enforcement Executive Development Association. Chief Alber is a graduate of The JFK Special Warfare Center and School’s Psychological Operations Officer’s Qualification Course, The U.S. Army Basic Intelligence Analyst Course, The U.S. Army Military Police Officer’s Basic and Advanced Courses and the United States Marine Corps Communications and Electronics School.
Chief Alber serves as a guest lecturer at Park University and the 2009 International Crime Free Conference on Militant Islamic Culture and the history of Militant Islam.
Chief Alber has had the opportunity to
directly work with and train many police departments and military
organizations throughout the world in countries that include:
Spain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Korea, Germany, Japan, Macedonia and Canada
- FBI Regional Command College 17th Session2007
- University of Central MissouriCriminal Justice Administration/Fire Science, 1993 - 1995
- Barton County Community CollegeAdministration of Justice, 1992 - 1993
- JFK Special Warfare Center and SchoolPsychological Operations Officer Qualification Course, 2009 - 2010
- Southern Police InstituteChief Executive Leadership Course, 2013
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)Leadership In Police Oragnizations, 2013
- FBI-LEEDA Supervisory Leadership InsitiutePublic Safety leadership, 2013