- Open Technology Institute, New America FoundationTech Projects Manager, 2012 - present
- Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and PreservationAdjunct Associate Professor, 2012 - 2014
- Spatial Information Design LabGIS/Data Visualization Specialist, 2011 - 2012
I am Tech Projects Manager at the Open Technology Institute (OTI) @ New America. In my previous work as the GIS & Data Visualization Specialist at the Spatial Information Design Lab (SIDL) and with GD|Viz, I worked on large data visualization projects in the areas of social media, transportation logistics, economic geography, urban flows and other large scale urban issues.
My work focuses on the intersection of human-centered design, urban space, and technology – specifically how technology and data can improve and facilitate the planning process, citizen access to technology and data, and the information systems that people use to interact with urban environments.
I have a Master's degree in Urban Planning from Columbia University'sGraduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, and a BS in Psychology and Human-Computer Interaction from Carnegie Mellon.
- Columbia University2009 - 2011
- Carnegie Mellon2002 - 2006