Start a hangout
167 followers|29,380 views
Works at Girl Scouts Virginia Skyline
Attended Clemson University
167 followers|29,380 views
Membership Manager NW, Girl Scouts VA Skyline. Specialties: Nonprofits, Youth Development, Organized Camping
Nonprofits, Community Outreach, Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Leadership Development, Training, Youth Development, Leadership
- Girl Scouts Virginia SkylineMembership Manager- Northwest, 2015 - presentDirect the work of volunteer personnel responsible for recruitment and retention of girl and adult members within Alleghany, Bath, Rockbridge, Highland, Augusta, and Rockbridge Counties to ensure that Girl Scouts continues to grow in those areas. Our Mission Girl Scouts builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Our Vision Girl Scouts strives to be the premier leadership organization for girls and experts on their growth and development.
- Corporation for National and Community ServiceAmeriCorps VISTA, 215 - 2016What is AmeriCorps VISTA? AmeriCorps VISTA is commonly referred to as the "Domestic Peace Corps" where volunteers gain appreciation for citizenship and public service by working on tackling America's toughest problems in low-income and underserved communities across the country in areas ranging from education, the environment, economic opportunity, veteran assistance, to disaster relief. AmeriCorps is the 21st Century leadership pipeline for careers in public service in the United States as catalysts for social change. AmeriCorps is an initiative of President Obama's call to create new public-private partnerships that use national service to help solve our nation's most pressing challenges. VISTA Service Site Information: As a member of the AmeriCorps VISTA program with the Rutgers Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development program. My focus was youth in the urban, underserved community in Middlesex County of New Brunswick NJ. I was on the front lines engaged in building capacity for the New Brunswick 4-H Youth Development. I assisted 4-H Faculty in developing out-of-school activities for at-risk youth as a vehicle to increase engagement in formal education. Utilizing skills in volunteer management, program planning, implementation and evaluation of program. Multiplying the impact around the state by training other youth development professional to implement 4-H program utilizing inquiry based teaching strategies.
- Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Middlesex County, New Brunswick 4-HAmericorps VISTA, 2015 - 2015Service Year: 4/19/14/-18/15 Communication • Developed 4-H recruitment strategies i.e. Public speaking, recruitment fairs, outreach materials • Skilled in use of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter), wix.com for recruitment, communication purpose. • Designed, implemented satisfaction surveys for 4-H training needs • Produced newsletters, media releases, PowerPoint presentations for 4-H • Met 4-H, Cooperative Extension AmeriCorps VISTA Outreach goals using local news media • Community leadership boards, collective impact theory • City, university canvassing campaigns • Social Media Management • Ensures that volunteers understand, follow appropriate policies, procedures, safety guidelines • Identified potential grants, assisted in reporting, managing purchases utilizing USDA, Children, Youth, and Families at Risk (CYFAR), NJ Neighborhood Revitalization Tax Credit (NRTC) sub grant that fund New Brunswick 4-H • Participated in weekly staff meetings, conducted volunteer training for New Brunswick 4-H • Recruited, trained and evaluated adult volunteers for New Brunswick 4-H Presentations • Laura, B, Buckley, E. (2015, 2014) New Brunswick 4-H. Presented at the Rutgers University Professional Youth Work Class New Brunswick, NJ • Buckley, E. (2014). How to Find an Internship. Presented at the Rutgers University Undergraduate Career Conference Piscataway, NJ Professional Development • 2015 NJ VISTA Symposium, VISTA 50th Anniversary Kickoff Celebration 3/15 • Princeton Community Works 1/15 • Center for Nonprofits Conference 12/14 • NJ School-Age Care Coalition Conference 11/14 • NJ Governor's Conference on Volunteerism 11/14 • Rutgers Cooperative Extension Annual Conference 10/14 • NJ Association of 4-H Agents (NJA4-HA); Keys to Planning, Organizing, Prioritizing Your Work 9/14 • VISTA Campus, Various Webinars 4/14 to Present • VolunteerMatch Learning Center, Various Webinars 4/14 to Present (Open)2 recommendations Dominique Raymond Dominique Raymond Community Nutrition Student with a focus on Youth Development Elisabeth Buckley is one of the Americorps Vista professionals that I had met in my time at 4-H. She is an inspirational and...View Cristina Gallo Cristina Gallo Nutrition Educator at The Greater New Brunswick Daycare Elizabeth was a pleasure working with and a great director. She gives clear precise instructions and always has innovative...View AmeriCorps VISTA Corporation for National and Community Service April 2014 – April 2015 (1 year 1 month)New Brunswick, NJ What is AmeriCorps VISTA? AmeriCorps VISTA is commonly referred to as the "Domestic Peace Corps" where volunteers gain appreciation for citizenship and public service by working on tackling America's toughest problems in low-income and underserved communities across the country in areas ranging from education, the environment, economic opportunity, veteran assistance, to disaster relief. AmeriCorps is the 21st Century leadership pipeline for careers in public service in the United States as catalysts for social change. AmeriCorps is an initiative of President Obama's call to create new public-private partnerships that use national service to help solve our nation's most pressing challenges. VISTA Service Site Information: As a member of the AmeriCorps VISTA program with the Rutgers Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development program. My focus was youth in the urban, underserved community in Middlesex County of New Brunswick NJ. I was on the front lines engaged in building capacity for the New Brunswick 4-H Youth Development. I assisted 4-H Faculty in developing out-of-school activities for at-risk youth as a vehicle to increase engagement in formal education. Utilizing skills in volunteer management, program planning, implementation and evaluation of program. Multiplying the impact around the state by training other youth development professional to implement 4-H program utilizing inquiry based teaching strategies.
- Girl Scouts of the Jersey ShoreCamp Sacajawea Assistant Program Specialist, 2002 - 2008• Assisted directors of the camp in the day to day logistics of the day camp program for girls 4-17 • Served as one on one to special needs campers, assisting in units as a counselor, Arts and Crafts Specialist • Set up, lead dynamic theme based activities for Thursday evening camp fire program • Assisted business manager in weekly purchases of food, stocked trading post, distributed weekly T-Shirts, Mugs, Pins and Patches to units • Acted as camp photographer, various administrative, clerical support and maintenance tasks
- Girl Scouts of the Jersey ShorePer Diem Position, Facilities & Camping Services, 2003 - 2008• Created marketing pieces for camp, promotional powerpoint presentation and various fliers • Performed administrative, maintenance tasks
- Holmes Presbyterian Camp and Conference CenterAssistant Summer Program Director, 2009 - 2009• Evaluated program staff • Supervised both day, resident camp counselors • In consultation with other staff made schedule for counselor unit assignments • Planned and implemented bible study and vespers, evening programs at various times • ACA Healthy Camp Study E-Institute Courses
- Monmouth County Park SystemPer Diem, Outdoor Division, 2010 - 2010• The Monmouth County Park System is one of only 89 agencies in the country, only agency in NJ to have received national recognition from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). • Assisted in the delivery of archery programs for children and adults.
- Girl Scouts of Central and Southern New Jersey, Camp SacajaweaProgram Specialist, 2010 - 2010• Helped implicate service projects, lead girls through activities in various Journey books • Liaison to half week programs coming in from the councils Day Camps • Ran Trading Post, POS (Point of Sale) terminal while interacting with campers, their parents the customers • Various Administrative, maintenance tasks
- Camp LakotaNanny, 2011 - 2011• Cared for two preschool aged boys • Oversaw playtime with emphasis on nature based play, reading to the children • Assisted children with dressing, bathing and putting to bed, did laundry on occasion • Monitored, helped the children eat, prepare and serve nutritious snacks and meals on occasion • Met parents to discuss weekly plans, report problems and came up with solutions • Collaborated with other camp staff to include these children in camp activities
- SittercityNanny, 2011 - 12• Cared for a 2 1/2 year old Boy • Oversaw playtime with emphasis on nature based play, reading to the child • Assisted child with dressing, changed diapers • Prepared and helped the child eat nutritious breakfast, lunch, snacks daily • Met parents to discuss weekly plans, report problems and came up with solutions • Used community resources such as Libraries, Parks to promote social interaction in the child's life
- GivaGetaSocial Media/Sales Representative (Consultant), 2011 - 2012GivaGeta. Give A Smile... Get A Smile TM. Helps spark meaningful conversations that strengthen youth, families, teams, leaders and communities. Fun educational tools to engage youth and teambuild staff • Assess social media marketing strategies to determine rate of return. Identify and tap into new channels to optimize reaching former and potential customers • Establish relationships with ongoing customers. Along with ability to develop new business through determination, research and planning. With a major emphasis on selling product line to Girl Scouts of the USA 109 councils
- Monmouth Council, Boy Scouts of America, Quail Hill Scout ReservationNature Director, 2012 - 2012• Set up area and prepare equipment • Maintain nature trail • Provide activities related to Cub Scout nature program • Encourage conservation and wise use of resources • Clean, inventory and store all equipment • Lead nature hikes • Prepare opening and closing inventory of equipment in area • Report any concerns about safety or equipment to the Program Director
- Community YMCA, serving Eastern Monmouth County, Camp ArrowheadSenior Counselor, 5th grade Explorers, 2013 - 2013• Lead counselor overseeing a coed group of 25 children • Responsible for the health and safety of campers • Planning and implementing the camp program and skills instruction of activities • Responsible for supervising campers two days a week on field trips to local points of interest Training • Child Sexual Abuse Prevention, Redwoods Institute for YMCA Online Training May 2013 • Day Camp Supervision, Redwoods Institute for YMCA Online Training May 2013
- Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Middlesex County, New Jersey 4-HInternship, 2013 - 2014• Countywide 4-H volunteer satisfaction survey, designed and implanted, reported results back to county 4-H agent • Actively sought grant opportunities for the New Brunswick, New Jersey 4-H Project through searching the federal and state registers, corporate foundation sites, and the Foundation Center database • Designed New Brunswick, New Jersey 4-H volunteer training, satisfaction surveys
- Long Branch, New Jersey Board of EducationSubstitute Teacher, Substitute Instructional Assistant, 2010 - 2014• Assume full responsibility or assistant responsibility in classroom, providing continuity and enhancement of the learning process
MS Youth Development Leadership | Specialties: Nonprofits, Youth Development, Organized Camping
Passionate Youth Development Professional who recently graduated with a MS in Youth Development Leadership through an innovative online program of Clemson University.
The type of person who has a passion for working with and making a difference in lives of children, teenagers and those of all ages with special needs. With the ability to equip volunteers with the tools to serve something that is of great interest to her professionally. Along with community service being the backbone of her personal, professional life.
- Clemson UniversityOnline, MS Youth Development Leadership, 2013 - 2015Clemson University's graduate program in Youth Development Leadership prepares professionals for implementing the best practices in positive youth development through its innovative online program. For more information, please visit my ePortfolio: tinyurl.com/esbuckl
- Brookdale Community CollegeCertificate in Nonprofit Managment, 2011 - 2012Attaining the Certificate in Nonprofit Management required the completion of six courses, totaling 45 hours of training.
- Brookdale Community CollegeLiberal Arts, 2003 - 2007An accredited coeducational public community college in Lincroft, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Regularly named in the top 50 U.S. Community Colleges and is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in the Garden State.
- Kean UniversityRecreation Administration; Community Recreation, 2007 - 2009Coursework emphasized leadership, program planning, budgeting, managerial techniques and environmental awareness.
- Monmouth County Vocational School DistrictCertificate, Commercial Art, 2001 - 2003Activities and Societies: Skills USA VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).
- Monmouth Regional High SchoolHigh School Diploma, General Education, 1999 - 2003Activities and Societies: Art Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes