Update July 20, 2011: We've seen a few common questions we thought we'd address here:
- The malware appears to have gotten onto users' computers from one of roughly a hundred variants of fake antivirus, or "fake AV" software that has been in circulation for a while. We aren't aware of a common name for the malware.
- We believe a couple million machines are affected by this malware.
- We've heard from a number of you that you're thinking about the potential for an attacker to copy our notice and attempt to point users to a dangerous site instead. It's a good security practice to be cautious about the links you click, so the spirit of those comments is spot-on. We thought about this, too, which is why the notice appears only at the top of our search results page. Falsifying the message on this page would require prior compromise of that computer, so the notice is not a risk to additional users.
- In the meantime, we've been able to successfully warn hundreds of thousands of users that their computer is infected. These are people who otherwise may never have known.
So what's "done right?"
Here's my latest blog post: Email Marketing: Analysis, Metrics, Best Practices http://goo.gl/eRWcO
If you had to share just one piece of advice with Email Marketers or Email Analysts, what would it be? Just one.
Beth Strukelj have been working with Fathom Online Marketing since 2003 and leads the Analytic's and Technical component of Fathom Online Marketing, which entails setting up and analyzing clients’ analytic's and reviewing their websites from a technical standpoint (anything that can hinder search engines and rankings).
Beth leverages web analytic's in order to understand customer behaviors online and make recommendations that improve customer website experiences and drive bottom line results. To articulate, sell and participate in Website conversion optimization programs.
She also research and test various software that will help us be more productive and focus more on ROI for our clients. In addition, she also stays on top of our industry by reading articles, blogs and participates in webinars to stay connected with colleagues in the same industry.
- Fathom Online MarketingAnalytics, 2003 - present
Are My PPC Ads Really at the Top? Finally, an Answer! - Fathom Online M...
Tweet. I don't know about you, but I know some of my fellow PPC'ers have been complaining for ages about position reporting on Googl
Infographics: What Are They and How Should You Be Using Them?
Interested in finding creative online marketing solutions for your business? Contact Fathom SEO to learn about our holistic SEO services.
Salon Supplies, Salon Equipment and Salon Furniture
Looking for salon equipment and salon furniture? Shop CCI Beauty. You'll get high-quality salon supplies at affordable prices. Shop our sele
Email Marketing: Campaign Analysis, Metrics, Best Practices
Email is an amazingly profitable marketing channel, if done right. So which email metrics matter? Learn 12 metrics dripping with insights!
Google Analytics Premium: Better Support & Goodbye Data Sampling
Today Google launched a paid version of Google Analytics that processes higher volumes of page views and provides additional support. The ge
Research & Thought Leadership: Top 10 Content Creation Ideas
It’s no longer enough to be an industry expert. Your expertise needs to be shared in a way that everyone can view and access. By focusing on
Facebook Advertising: What’s Hot and What’s Not? - Fathom Online Marketi...
Tweet. Did you know there are more than 750 million active Facebook users, and people spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook?
The Famous (not provided)…. NOT! - Fathom Online Marketing Blog
Check out the (not provided) double digit data. Contact Fathom for answers to your questions.
Visual Evidence/E-Discovery has supporting role in famous lawsuits
The 22-employee company in Cleveland's Warehouse District is little known outside legal circles. But Visual Evidence has had a supporting ro
They're Back! Google Issues Weather Report For Algorithm Changes
Google’s Matt Cutts has just issued a “weather report” about upcoming changes to be expected from Google’s Panda algorithm. If you’re not fa
TechCrunch | Google Analytics Catches Up With Real-Time, Launches Enterp...
Google Analytics, the immensely popular suite of tools that Google offers to help webmasters track their site traffic, is getting a big boos
Google Analytics Blog: Linking all of your AdWords accounts to Google An...
Labels. Advanced Topics (53); AdWords (9); Analytics API (28); Announcements (84); Back to Basics Series (28); Beginner Topics (40); Busines
Hair Dryer, Infrared, and Hair Steamer with Hang Mount
All Purpose Chairs; Aromatherapy; Barber Chairs; Chair Covers; Decor/Displays/Racks/Screens; Dryer Chairs; Facial Beds; Facial Steamers; Hai