What is heroism? Besides all of the cute little sayings, what does heroism mean to YOU. Heroes are not super people. They are not infallible. They make mistakes and sometimes are not very nice people to be around. They may drink too much, sleep in too late, refuse to work, work too much, live in hostile environments, live in easy and social environments. No one needs to be a wonderful person to be a hero. There are times when people become heroes without doing anything other than what they have always done. So what does it take to be a hero?
Hero is a title that others label a person with and is not something that can be achieved on one’s own.
Each person defines hero just a little differently. Perhaps your hero is someone who fights in wars, feeds the hunger, stops abuse, or makes it to the top of the corporate ladder.
The true definition for hero is – the person you want to be.
1. Assuming that “free” means that someone else has to pay for it. Yes, you don’t have kids and you have to pay property tax for your local schools. If you want to have educated people controlling the government when you’re living on Social Security or your Retirement Plan, don’t you want to ensure they get educated in the first place?
2. Assuming that everyone who is on welfare is a deadbeat. Everyone has their own version of work. Just because they don’t follow your version doesn’t make them lazy. Have you ever tried raising kids? And before you knock it, consider that Pasteur was someone’s kid. So was Edison, Shakespeare, Aristotle – you get the idea.
3. Mistaking “free” for a type of government. Socialism, Communism, Democracy, Dictatorship, etc… They all have something they offer for “free” whether it’s free speech, free medical care, free education, freedom to work: free is just a word.
4. Assuming that others “owe” us something. We can be guaranteed a few things in this world – to be born and to die. Everything else is dependent upon what we are willing to do to get it.
5. Assuming that everyone wants your version of freedom. Instead of sympathizing with others, how about having some empathy instead? You might be surprised to discover that they are able to take care of their own problems.
6. Labeling someone with a negative label simply because he/she doesn’t believe the same way you do. If you’re talking about freedom in America, it means being able to believe whatever we want to believe – without the name calling. Racist, gay, liberal, conservative, tea-partier, pro-life, pro-choice – these are all labels. PEOPLE are more than labels.
I wonder if he was an ENFJ? For us, what we feel is what we believe, what we believe becomes our truth.
Now's the time you should hear this! For very good reason!
Now, please don't ask why. It's not simply the season.
Sooner or later the Grinch will invite you
To give up your life's goal as something you can't do.
It could be his head isn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his pants are too tight.
But I think the most likely reason of all
Is that his heart is too cold and his vision too small.
The Grinch is a dream stealer of many disguises.
A friend or relation with depressing surprises.
Just when you feel that your business is booming
He fills you with thoughts that are glooming and dooming.
He whispers about the forthcoming disaster
And about the new plan where you'll get rich much faster
When you say you look forward to earning a million.
He'll scoff and retort: "Not one chance in a billion!"
With a stock market rising and confidence strong
You'd think he'd get real and start going along.
But he howls and he growls with his terrible frown
"Whatever goes up, has got to come down!"
Sometimes the Grinch is quick to appear.
Sometimes he shows up year after year.
But whatever your "Why" and no matter "Who"
The dream stealer, Grinch, will start hitting on You.
He's the fear deep inside that insists you can't sell.
He's the voice that says, "Stop! Things are going too well!"
He especially hates Christmas and the spirit of giving
For he selfishly thinks that by "getting" you're living.
He thinks passionate service is too big a "Why"
And that money's the only incentive to try.
But he's missing the point, and hasn't a clue
That every Who out in Who-ville has a Dream to come true.
Sooner or later all dream stealers find
That they're out in the cold and left far behind.
What they could have or might have or should have possessed
Has now passed them by and left them depressed.
As you sit by the fire and plan the new year
Surrounded by family and friends of good cheer.
Remember the Grinch, with his feet in the snow.”
Standing puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?"
"It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."
"Maybe Christmas... Perhaps... means a little bit more!"
It's a spirit to treasure each day and each night
It's the reason the American dream is still burning bright
It's a mission of hope you can trust and believe
"The more that you give, the more you'll receive!"
The Wicked Witch Makes An Appearance In New 'Oz, The Great and Powerful'...
A new poster for director Sam Raimi's Oz: The Great and Powerful featuring the Wicked Witch has been released.
The Conspiracy Behind The Destruction Of Sauron’s Tower In ‘The Lord Of ...
Ever wonder what really caused Sauron's Tower to collapse after the One Ring was thrown into the fires of Mount Doom at the end of The Lord
Four Good Times of Day to Meditate (And One to Avoid) | Psychology Today
Expert advice on when to meditate, and when not to. By Linda Wasmer Andrews...
Remains Of Ancient Race Of Job Creators Found In Rust Belt
WASHINGTON—A team of leading archaeologists announced Monday they had uncovered the remains of an ancient job-creating race that, at the pea
YouTube - Milgram's Obedience to Authority Experiment 2009 1/3
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi
$5 MP3 Album Deal: Santana ‘Abraxas’ | Geeks of Doom
The second album by the Latin/jazz/funk/rock hybrid ensemble Santana, entitled Abraxas, is now available on MP3 format from Amazon this mont
ProjectConnections Blog: Boo! Terror in the Every Day!
It's not the scary risks we should be scared of . . . Risk. It's a four-letter word. It's a four-letter word that strikes fear into the hear
The Sugar Wars: Can Science Justify Paternalism? | Psychology Today
Science can't tell us what we "need" to do. By Mark D. White, Ph.D....
How Being Entitled to Our Way - Gets in the Way | Psychology Today
An unrecognized couples communication trap By Russell B. Lemle, Ph.D....
The ultimate engagement tip? Let employees hire the boss | Articles
Decision-making should be left to those with the most knowledge about a subject, not the most status.
Is Serendipity the Answer to Finding Love? | Psychology Today
Can we let "the fates" run our love lives? By Mark D. White, Ph.D....
Language May Be Dominant Social Marker For Young Children
Children's reasoning about language and race can take unexpected turns, according to University of Chicago researchers, who found that for y
The Rogues Gallery » Blog Archive » Saving Earth from Aliens and Aste...
Mike Wall has an interesting piece this week on how humans might avoid the fate of the dinosaurs. In the last ten years alone, asteroid dete