Congrats to Elisa Quintana, SETI Institute research scientist and lead author of the paper confirming the first Earth-sized planet orbiting in the habitable zone of a star other than the Sun. Read all about this milestone discovery here: http://buff.ly/1tf4p0G
Got my S5 in the mail today! Woohoo!
- Huntington Ingalls IndustriesChemist I, 2013 - presentAnalytical Chemist; •Perform QA/QC tasks related to ensuring operations are within allowed specifications •Utilize ICP; GC/MS; UV-vis; FTIR
- The University of Southern MississippiResearch Associate, 2012 - 2012Synthetic Inorganic Chemist; • Synthesis and characterization of novel ligands for use as precursors in the preparation of water oxidation catalysts • Synthesis and characterization of mixed-metal binuclear photocatalysts for the production of H2 and O2 from water (artificial photosynthesis), containing ruthenium(II) and cobalt(II)/cobalt(III) metal centers. • Research contributions resulted in supervisor receiving an NSF Career grant of $530,000 • Utilization of ESI MS; FTIR; NMR; CV; UV-vis; TLC • Brought lab into compliance with waste disposal protocol • Trained, mentored, and supervised undergraduates • Kept lab fully operational while supervisor was away at conferences • Kept meticulous lab notebook • Utilization of ChemDraw, Origin, EndNotes, Office 2010, SciFinder, ACD Spectrus, Epsilion EC, LXQTune, Omnic, Olis, and IconNMR software.
- RespirTekResearch Associate, 2011 - 2012• Product testing to determine percent biodegradability under specific conditions • Wastewater treatment studies to determine effects of compounds on bacteria contained in wastewater • Bioremediation studies to determine biological activity of bacteria during site cleanup • Helped perform the following methods: ASTM E 1720, ASTM D 5210, ASTM D 5338 ASTM D 5864, OECD 208, OECD 301B, OECD 311, SM 9215 • Oversaw projects as GLP study director • Utilization of GC, TOC/TIC, Respirometer • Performed routine maintenance and calibrations on analytical equipment to reduce variance • Updated company website using validated HTML 5/CSS 3 with Search Engine Optimization as highest priority. • Wrote and Revised SOPs • Complied with non disclosure agreements • Complied with ISO certification guidelines
- Sound Shop3rd Key Manager, 2003 - 2003• 3rd-key Manager and related responsibilities • Cashier and related responsibilities • Inventory Control • Troubleshooting Register problems and other technical issues • Communicated with Vendors
- Munro PetroleumAssistant Manager/Manager in Training, 1997 - 2002• Assistant Manager and related responsibilities • Cashier and related responsibilities • Attendant and related responsibilities • Inventory Control • Troubleshooting Register problems and other technical issues • Provided support for management to resolve internal issues and conflicts • Provided management with goal oriented advice • Communicated with Vendors • Performed manual tank monitoring and reported any volumes of water present
- University of Southern MississippiChemistry, 2006 - 2011Minor in Computer Science
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community CollegeApplied Science, 1999 - 2005
Severe mental illness tied to higher rates of substance use
People with severe mental illness such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder have a higher risk for substance use, especially cigarette smoki
Molecule discovered that protects the brain from cannabis intoxication
Two INSERM research teams led by Pier Vincenzo Piazza and Giovanni Marsicano (INSERM Unit 862 'Neurocentre Magendie' in Bordeaux) recently d
Proton radius puzzle may be solved by quantum gravity
(Phys.org) —Officially, the radius of a proton is 0.88 ± 0.01 femtometers (fm, or 10-15 m). Researchers attained that value using two method
Vanadium dioxide 'smart glass' can be activated to block infrared light ...
'Smart glass' can switch from transparent to opaque at the flick of a switch and is increasingly used in cars, aircraft and homes to reduce
Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment &...
Breaking science news and articles on global warming, extrasolar planets, stem cells, bird flu, autism, nanotechnology, dinosaurs, evolution