Have you tried the Disciples games? What do you think of them?
Have you tried the Disciples games? What do you think of them?
I've been enjoying them for years with Disciples I and II and their expansion packs on CD-ROM. Now, there is Disciples III available on Steam. The new one dispenses with the beautiful 2D graphics with their hand-painted story book look for 3D rendered graphics that can look nice at times. On the other hand, they've added more to the combat with now having the ability to move your units around the 3D battlefield to gain advantages and/or protect injured units. The previous games did battles similar to Final Fantasy 1 with just the ability to put units weaker against melee attacks in the back row.
Otherwise, they've kept the game style and features pretty much intact so that if you've played Disciples I and/or II, you'll be able to pretty much jump right into III. They do have some nice videos in the tutorial now though that help new players out. Being on Steam, you can now play in multiplayer if you like. I don't care for most multiplayer online experiences, though so I haven't tried that part.
The way you win the game by conquering territory through battles is nothing new, but the ability to transform the appearance and benefits of the land itself is pretty striking in all three games. You have the Empire and the Legions of the Damned in each game, but the different entries in the series and their expansions give you different third options for factions.
It's a fun game and certainly worth checking out if you like turn-based games like I do. I appreciate having the time to stop and think about what I'm doing rather than trying to form a strategy while getting pummeled like you do in some real time strategy and role playing games.
It's available on Amazon.com
Just got this book from my good friend John Paul Reid himself at Las Vegas Amazing Comic Con. I can honestly say 'I knew him when...' since he used to teach with my wife in Las Vegas. I'm so looking forward to reading it!
- ETA-InternationalNevada Representative, 2015 - presentDiscuss the benefits of membership at local events; Set up displays; Proctor Certification Exams;
- Springs PreserveDocent, 2008 - presentVolunteer to maintain the garden areas; answer questions of visitors
- Enfield Enhanced EnvironsCo-Owner, 2015 - presentConsult, plan, design, install and maintain indoor and outdoor home and business improvements; Care for plants in a holistic and Earth friendly way; Make the personality and interests of the people who live and work in a space become part of that space.
- Tufel MediaSocial Media Manager, 2012 - 2015Manage and curate social media pages for individuals and companies; Develop and maintain social contact with customers of those companies; write articles and blog entries for Tufel Media's pages.
- Sears, Roebuck and CompanySales Associate, 2006 - 2007Electronics Sales
- CompUSAService Writer, 2009 - 2009Interact with customers at Computer Repair Desk to process repair orders.
- Circuit CitySales/Product Flow, 2010 - 2011Recover sales floor; unload trucks; Organize Backstock; answer customer questions.
- Blockbuster LLCAssociate, 2006 - 2006Process rentals and recommend movies and games.
- DatanamicsTelephone Tech Support, 2009 - 2009Manage Internet communications in hotels around the country; help hotel guests with Internet connectivity problems.
- College of Southern NevadaStudent Worker, 2011 - 2011Help set up and maintain experiments in greenhouses.
- Natural Resources Conservation ServiceRangeland Management Specialist, 2000 - 2006Consult, plan and supervise conservation projects with private landowners and various other agencies; educate the public about conservation issues and general life sciences subjects; Led a team of fellow NRCS employees to conduct a Natural Resources Inventory across Oklahoma to improve GIS and other database information; Proctored highs school students in the National Land Judging Contest;
- Enfield Ranch Co.Ranch Hand, 1988 - 2000Raise corn, alfalfa, sorghum, beef cattle, chickens etc.; Build and repair barbed wire fence; Maintain water wells and stock tanks; ride horses to wrangle cattle; repair tractors and other equipment; help monitor rangeland health to determine proper stocking rates and cattle movement; etc.
Update! I am graduating from CSN this year (2015) with a Certificate of Achievement in Ornamental Horticulture with a focus on Landscape Management. The landscaping business I thought of is developing into a holistic, Earth friendly, whole property improvement and maintenance business. God's always led me to help other people, and this is the best way I can do it with the education and experiences He's led me through.
- Community College of Southern NevadaOrnamental Horticulture, 2011 - 2015Traditional Plant ID and Care; Xeric Plant ID and Care; Plant Propagation; Arboriculture (tree care); Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition; Integrated Pest Management; Annual Color Concepts (designing displays and planting beds using annual flowers); Irrigation Management and Design; Turfgrass Management; Plant Pathology; Intro to Acting (gotta be a well-rounded student you know) etc.
- University of Nebraska–LincolnRange Science and Agronomy, 1992 - 1996Plant Taxonomy (the art and science of identifying plants using dichotomous keys and physical characteristics); Soil Science; Field Agronomy (raising grain and other crops); Natural Resources Policy; Animal Science; Macro and Micro Economics; Business Math; Physics (especially as they relate to irrigation, machinery and other practical applications); Seed Science; Organic Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry; Performing Arts (more culture stuff); Great Plains Anthropology; Scientific Greek and Latin; etc.
- Arthur County High SchoolTrying to Figure Out What I Wanted to Be When I Grew Up, 1989 - 1992Your general High School classes except that I also took Choir; Band (saxophone); Art (from an award winning painter); One Act Theater; Debate and Persuasive Speaking; Wood Shop/Home Ec. (when I was in school, both girls and boys had to take one semester of each); Beginning French; Programming in BASIC; etc. I also learned a great deal outside of school through the 4-H program in which I tried almost every project group they had except for showing livestock.
- TechSkills-Las VegasInformation Technology CompTIA certs, 2006 - 2007Desktop and Laptop PC repair, upgrading and building; The basics of programming in C++ and other such programs; Network Administration; Wireless Technologies; etc.
Free Week - Springs Preserve Strikes Back: A Star Wars inspired affair
"Strike back" at summer at the Springs Preserve! Join us as the Springs Preserve transforms into a galaxy (not so) far, far away with free a
Reckless Ambitions (The Medford Family Chronicles Book 1) by John Paul R...
The beloved, highly respected, and automatically obeyed Palamaran Emperor John Cardillion III suddenly has died without naming a successo...
Planting native and naturalized desert plants from a Forest Service Nurs...
Catclaw acacia Acacia greggii This will grow into a large shrub that has the ability to grow to be about 40 feet tall, but in our Mojave Des
MIAMI BEACH: 100 YEARS OF MAKING WAVES | Documentary
Miami Beach turned 100 in 2015. In honor of the Miami Beach Centennial, the documentary MIAMI BEACH: 100 YEARS OF MAKING WAVES will air on M
This week, green beans are only ninety-nine cents a pound
Pulling, picking, snipping and digging. Harvesting home grown produce is physical work. After forty-five minutes of bending over picking bus
Purchase Calcium Nitrate to Help Manage Tomato Blossom End-Rot
The Rusted Vegetable Garden is about everything gardening. It contains photos, videos and information to show you how to vegetable garden.
cottage kitchen gardens - Nashville Landscape Design Services Quigley's ...
Modern Cottage Kitchen Gardens page help with ideas. Example of a Cedar Box Cottage Kitchen Garden.