Speaking of G+ communities, I'm curious about what makes some so much more active than others. Some of the ones I'm a member of have tons of activity while others sit almost empty or if there are posts, hardly anyone replies to them or plusses them.
What do you think the secret is to an active community?
I had to start a new, second account and tell Netflix it was for kids under 13 to have a screen that didn't list movies and TV shows with 'adult' and 'mature' stuff in it.
This streaming service has become one of the best places to find quality documentaries today. World War II in Colour is a fine example of this. It is lengthy, with 13 episodes each one being 51 minutes. That's nearly 13 hours of information about one of the most pivotal wars in world history.
That great length enables the filmmakers to tell a much more detailed and comprehensive story of the war from all sides of the conflict. I have seen many, many documentaries and have read many books on this subject. I even wrote my high school senior thesis on the events at Pearl Harbor, so I know a fair amount about these pages of history. Of all the documentaries I've seen, this series is the best at giving an understandable overview of the conflicts.
It covers aspects of the war that one may know little about, perhaps may even be hearing for the first time. For example, did you know that many countries besides just Germany, Italy and Japan, were heavily influenced by fascist politicians before the war? Conflicts between fascists and communists or other similar groups were going on violently in places like Spain and more of a war of words in places like the United States. Also that during the war, Japan invade China fighting many campaigns that were just a brutal as what the Nazis were doing in Europe.
The imagery in this series is quite stunning. They have taken footage from all sides and have edited it together to illustrate what the narrator is saying. This footage has been expertly colorized and enhanced considerably. It's amazing to think that some of this footage is over eight decades old. Color brings out details and makes the scenes come alive in ways that black and white can't quite do. This is all actual footage. No reenactments or animated scenes like you see in many other documentaries. They do include detailed maps that show movements of troops to help you keep track of where you are in the world during different parts of the war though.
The music is stirring and fits what is happening on the screen. It is not overbearing and doesn't prevent one from understanding the narrator though. The narrator is quite easy to understand. He clearly has a passion for history that comes through in his voice. It's not in the least bit boring to listen to, even if you are not looking at the screen for a moment. They don't rely on the current fad of interrupting the narration constantly with little snippets of interviews with different people. This is an 'old school' documentary.
- Community College of Southern NevadaOrnamental Horticulture, 2011 - 2015Traditional Plant ID and Care; Xeric Plant ID and Care; Plant Propagation; Arboriculture (tree care); Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition; Integrated Pest Management; Annual Color Concepts (designing displays and planting beds using annual flowers); Irrigation Management and Design; Turfgrass Management; Plant Pathology; Intro to Acting (gotta be a well-rounded student you know) etc.
- University of Nebraska–LincolnRange Science and Agronomy, 1992 - 1996Plant Taxonomy (the art and science of identifying plants using dichotomous keys and physical characteristics); Soil Science; Field Agronomy (raising grain and other crops); Natural Resources Policy; Animal Science; Macro and Micro Economics; Business Math; Physics (especially as they relate to irrigation, machinery and other practical applications); Seed Science; Organic Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry; Performing Arts (more culture stuff); Great Plains Anthropology; Scientific Greek and Latin; etc.
- Arthur County High SchoolTrying to Figure Out What I Wanted to Be When I Grew Up, 1989 - 1992Your general High School classes except that I also took Choir; Band (saxophone); Art (from an award winning painter); One Act Theater; Debate and Persuasive Speaking; Wood Shop/Home Ec. (when I was in school, both girls and boys had to take one semester of each); Beginning French; Programming in BASIC; etc. I also learned a great deal outside of school through the 4-H program in which I tried almost every project group they had except for showing livestock.
- TechSkills-Las VegasInformation Technology CompTIA certs, 2006 - 2007Desktop and Laptop PC repair, upgrading and building; The basics of programming in C++ and other such programs; Network Administration; Wireless Technologies; etc.
Update! I am graduating from CSN this year (2015) with a Certificate of Achievement in Ornamental Horticulture with a focus on Landscape Management. The landscaping business I thought of is developing into a holistic, Earth friendly, whole property improvement and maintenance business. God's always led me to help other people, and this is the best way I can do it with the education and experiences He's led me through.
- ETA-InternationalNevada Representative, 2015 - presentDiscuss the benefits of membership at local events; Set up displays; Proctor Certification Exams;
- Springs PreserveDocent, 2008 - presentVolunteer to maintain the garden areas; answer questions of visitors
- Enfield Enhanced EnvironsCo-Owner, 2015 - presentConsult, plan, design, install and maintain indoor and outdoor home and business improvements; Care for plants in a holistic and Earth friendly way; Make the personality and interests of the people who live and work in a space become part of that space.
- Tufel MediaSocial Media Manager, 2012 - 2015Manage and curate social media pages for individuals and companies; Develop and maintain social contact with customers of those companies; write articles and blog entries for Tufel Media's pages.
- Sears, Roebuck and CompanySales Associate, 2006 - 2007Electronics Sales
- CompUSAService Writer, 2009 - 2009Interact with customers at Computer Repair Desk to process repair orders.
- Circuit CitySales/Product Flow, 2010 - 2011Recover sales floor; unload trucks; Organize Backstock; answer customer questions.
- Blockbuster LLCAssociate, 2006 - 2006Process rentals and recommend movies and games.
- DatanamicsTelephone Tech Support, 2009 - 2009Manage Internet communications in hotels around the country; help hotel guests with Internet connectivity problems.
- College of Southern NevadaStudent Worker, 2011 - 2011Help set up and maintain experiments in greenhouses.
- Natural Resources Conservation ServiceRangeland Management Specialist, 2000 - 2006Consult, plan and supervise conservation projects with private landowners and various other agencies; educate the public about conservation issues and general life sciences subjects; Led a team of fellow NRCS employees to conduct a Natural Resources Inventory across Oklahoma to improve GIS and other database information; Proctored highs school students in the National Land Judging Contest;
- Enfield Ranch Co.Ranch Hand, 1988 - 2000Raise corn, alfalfa, sorghum, beef cattle, chickens etc.; Build and repair barbed wire fence; Maintain water wells and stock tanks; ride horses to wrangle cattle; repair tractors and other equipment; help monitor rangeland health to determine proper stocking rates and cattle movement; etc.
MIAMI BEACH: 100 YEARS OF MAKING WAVES | Documentary
Miami Beach turned 100 in 2015. In honor of the Miami Beach Centennial, the documentary MIAMI BEACH: 100 YEARS OF MAKING WAVES will air on M
This week, green beans are only ninety-nine cents a pound
Pulling, picking, snipping and digging. Harvesting home grown produce is physical work. After forty-five minutes of bending over picking bus
Purchase Calcium Nitrate to Help Manage Tomato Blossom End-Rot
The Rusted Vegetable Garden is about everything gardening. It contains photos, videos and information to show you how to vegetable garden.
cottage kitchen gardens - Nashville Landscape Design Services Quigley's ...
Modern Cottage Kitchen Gardens page help with ideas. Example of a Cedar Box Cottage Kitchen Garden.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS, 2013)
Linking Modern Gaming and Classic Gaming Together, review by johnenfield. Ever since 1986 (87 if you were in the U.S.), when Shigeru Myamoto
Star Trek: First Contact (DVD, 2009) Consumer Reviews | Resistance Is Fu...
Resistance Is Futile!, review by johnenfield. The Enterprise is going back into the past again. Not to find a humpback whale this time, but
NetFlix Consumer Reviews | I may never darken the door of Blockbuster ag...
NetFlix - User Rating: 4 stars. Review Summary: When I first heard about Netflix, I was skeptical. It sounded like one of those too good to