Note: I am no longer updating this page (as of 2012). To check out my most recently updated professional profile details please check out my LinkedIn
I enjoy travelling around the world and learning about other cultures and languages. I've lived in 3 different countries (France, the UK, and China) and speak 4 languages: french, english, italian, chinese. This is more than just a passion, it is actually a real help when it comes to my professional life.
My wife is Chinese and living alongside her my spoken chinese has vastly improved over the years. I am nearly fluent now but still seek to improve!
My proudest achievement is the book I wrote about Nginx, published by Packt Publishing sometime around summer 2010. It was translated in Korean, Japanese and Chinese!
Besides, I own a popular website network called GBAtemp Network. It includes a variety of websites related to video games and file downloads.
Even though I am still a relatively young person, I've worked in a number of places in my life:
- I got my first computer-related job at the age of 18 at Bassetti. I worked as a software developer for 6 months. It went on for a whole more year, as I was working from home in Oxford where I continued my studies
- Back from my studies in Oxford, I joined a new computer science school in France. A year later, I became a teacher. I taught in London (UK), Grenoble (France), Zhenjiang (China), Qingdao (China), and Tianjin (China).
- In 2008 I became a consultant for Coforcert, a company based in Paris. I ran a couple of seminars about .NET development and Borland Delphi. I had the chance to work with Avanquest and other well-known companies.
- Summer 2009, I was hired by Winstate Digital Technology Ltd, a Chinese company, to help build a web store from scratch.
- In October 2009, I signed an authoring contract with Packt Publishing for the book "Nginx HTTP Server", published in 2010.
- After multiple experiences in China I have settled in Shanghai working at Shanghai Faguo Xuexiao (French School of Shanghai).
My son Leo