I just installed the alpha package from today (03.02). Thank you very much for providing kubuntu 14.04. I would like to provide some feedback. In the wiki for the alpha release you asked to give feedback via this community. I hope this is the way you expect it:
Kubuntu 14.04 is already very stable on my system (AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840). I love the visual integration of firefox into KDE Unfortunately firefox still ignores KDE system settings (applications / settings). Openoffice integrates visually also much better into KDE now. The settings dialog looks but better now.
Apart from that I recognized some little bugs:
1. Ffdiaporama (very good tool) has no icon after installation.
2. Amarok shows 2 error messages when starting in lower right corner. The first is "Free music charts. Download of charts seem to have failed. Please Check you internet connection", the second is "Timeout at server 184.108.40.206
: Waittime for socket operation is expired" (second message is translated from german).
3. Amarok MP3 musicstore (amazon) is not working. Seaching for "madonna" fails with absolutely no results.
4. UPNP seems not to work, neither in amarok nor in dolphin. So this seems to be a KIO problem. For me that is a pitty as home entertainment is more and more based on DLNA.
5. Sound output via my HDMI monitor (NVidia GT520/GF119) works only when I deactivate the analog soundcard (Nvidia MCP61 aka "internal Audio") completly. As phonon backend I am using (the default) gstreamer.
In my opinion it would be better to remove features (Amarok modules) instead of having fragments of these features that you could not get to work at all.