For those who haven't heard yet:
While you were sleeping, at 1 a.m., the Republican Senate voted 51 - 48:
1. To end coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. To remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. To cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
The House votes on Friday.
And for those of us who get health insurance through work, no pre-existing conditions and lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone. Despite their assertions of this being an action to "repeal and replace," no viable alternative plan has been proposed or is in sight."
Call your reps and hold them accountable. (**If you wish to share this post, make sure to cut and paste my status update into your status.)