The DeGregorio Family Foundation for Stomach and Esophageal Cancer seeks to promote and facilitate collaborative research on the causes, early diagnosis, and treatment of stomach and esophageal cancer. Since their founding, the DeGregorio Family Foundation (DFF) has raised more than $2 million to fight stomach and esophageal cancer, awarding nearly $1.15 million in research grants to a variety of institutions including Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and, most recently, Case Western Reserve University. Please take a moment to visit the DeGregorio Family Foundation’s website at www.degregorio.org and you’ll see for yourself the amazing research that they are funding through the generosity of people just like you.
Stomach cancer is the 2nd most common cause of cancer related mortality worldwide (only lung cancer causes more deaths) – over one million deaths around the world in 2010. Esophageal cancer is one of the deadliest cancers – less than 10% of patients diagnosed with esophageal cancer will survive longer than 5 years. Many patients have to undergo major surgeries, radiation, and other treatments – which still don’t increase their chances of survival.
The training will be challenging – and at times I am sure that I’ll feel like giving up – but as difficult as it will be, it won’t be anything like what people who are diagnosed with stomach or esophageal cancer face every day. Your contribution to support me and Team DeGregorio supports research into these deadly diseases – and helps them lead the way to effective treatments and, one day, a cure.
There are 2 ways to sponsor me:
1. Visit the Team DeGregorio fundraising page: http://www.degregorio.org/wp/ing-nyc-marathon/ where you can make a secure online donation. Look for my name to make a gift to support me - just click on the button next to my name. In less than a minute you are helping DeGregorio Family Foundation and supporting me in the 2013 ING New York City Marathon!
2. If you wish to mail a check, please make your check payable to the DeGregorio Family Foundation and mail it to:
DeGregorio Family Foundation
PO Box 236
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Your pledge will help DeGregorio Family Foundation turn the grim facts about stomach and esophageal cancer into fiction.
Thank you for supporting me and DeGregorio Family Foundation!
- Sonoma Capital Management, LLCPortfolio Manager, 2006 - present
- Sonoma Capital Management Blog (current)
Jeff Thorp has served as Managing Principal of Sonoma Capital Management, a private investment company, since its inception in 2006. With over 20 years investing in public corporate securities, Jeff has experience and specializes in investing across corporate capital structures.
Prior to establishing Sonoma Capital Management, Jeffrey Thorp managed two family partnerships with investment strategies more oriented towards relative value and short selling.
When not working, Jeff Thorp loves to get outside and hiking or fly fishing. He is a New York State licensed fishing guide and a Federation of Fly Fishers Certified Casting Instructor.
- Senior Vice President in Institutional Sales with Amroc Investments, LLC and Amroc Securities, LLC, a New York based brokerage firm specializing in trading the public and private securities and claims of foreign and domestic issuers
- Senior Managing Director of Institutional Sales at M.J. Whitman, Inc., a New York based broker-dealer specializing in trading the equity and debt securities of troubled issuers, where he co-managed the Los Angeles office.
- Jeff worked at Strome Susskind Investment Management, L.P., where he was a trader specializing in value oriented and distressed securities, and in the analysis of these securities as well as event driven situations.
- University of Southern CaliforniaMBA, Corporate Finance, 1986 - 1988
- University of California, IrvineBA, Economics, 1981 - 1985
- University of Southern CaliforniaMBT, Business Taxation, 1988 - 1991