Share, learn, collaborate and design your library
Library Today is a project to create and maintain a web portal/community/service for people interested in library development.
How many times do libraries find out about new interesting services that they wish to implement in their library and then start designing it from scratch?
Why do we do that? Is it out of pride? Why must we do the work, that someone else has already done, all over just to be able to say we did it?
The objectives of Library Today at the moment:
- Develop the website together with those who wish to use it!
- Allow submission of ideas, whole project descriptions and included material, discussions (perhaps through the Google+ API?), categorizing and tagging of content as well as metadata to be able to link content together..
- Make an easy to use and straightforward user interface that also works on mobile devices.
- Collaborate with other websites of the library industry to provide news, articles and other information related to library development.
- Perhaps even a place for library showcases provided they share their knowledge on "how they did it".
- Guides on how to make your existing services into products so that others can also use them and won't have to waste valuable resources re-inventing the wheel.
Did you think of something else? Please let us know!