There is never a better time to focus on your health than at the beginning of a new year! Start 2014 on the right foot by forming healthy habits to live stronger and thrive. Click below for 10 easy tips:
1) Quit smoking and lower your risk of cancer, stroke, and heart failure.
2) Keep active. Do something to keep fit each day!
3) Eat well; Many diseases can be prevented or controlled with a healthy diet.
4) Maintain a healthy weight and lower your risk of many diseases.
5) Prevent falls by keeping paths clear, using night-lights, and wearing shoes for stability.
6) Stay up-to-date on immunizations and other health screenings.
7) Prevent skin cancer - stay in the shade or wear protective clothing; skin becomes thinner and more sensitive as we age.
8) Get regular dental, vision and hearing checkups.
9) Manage stress. Make time for friends and fun, and learn the powerful role of positive thinking.
10) Try a senior yoga, pilates, or other fitness class!
Comment with your favorite healthy habit!