As we head into #summer, make sure to get out and soak up some sun! Be cautious and follow these helpful summer heat safety tips to have a safe and enjoyable season:
1) Stay hydrated! Drink a lot of non-alcoholic and non-caffeinated liquid.
2) Spend the day in air-conditioned buildings.
3) Arrange for transportation to your city or county’s cooling center if necessary.
4) Dress in loose-fitting clothing made of light fabrics such as cotton.
5) If you must be outdoors, stay in shaded areas near trees and/or water.
6) Keep an eye out for any symptoms of dehydration or heat stroke.
Dehydration can cause a broad range of symptoms, including:
- increased heart rate
- loosening of skin
- decreased kidney function and urination
- nausea and vomiting
Symptoms of heat stroke include:
- An extremely high body temperature (>103°F)
- Rapid, strong pulse
- Throbbing headache
- Red, hot, and dry skin
- Loss of consciousness
We’d love to hear your favorite summer activities - share in a comment below!
Keep safe and enjoy the warmer months ahead!