For when you literally want to upgrade your old Mac.
37 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I want to put my kid's Mac Mini into their old Mac Cube.Jul 27, 2012
- go for it Jim! I always wanted to see it done, maybe throw a neat color shifting led array as well to make it light up nice and pretty for them, kids should have interesting computers.Jul 27, 2012
- Damn I have an old G4.. I'll probably just use it as the server for my movies and music tho. lol.Jul 27, 2012
- you could still do it with a G4, I've seen it done with G4 and G3 cases.Jul 27, 2012
- Yeah, I'm currently in the middle of installing a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH (the "TH" is for Thunderbolt) with an i7 processor, etc. If you want to go simpler, you can easily put a solid mATX system in there with very little cutting (you have to cut out the original rear I/O no matter what you do).
The more I fiddle with things, the more I realize how simply it will be to finish, if one is comfortable with a Dremel, that is.Oct 16, 2012