How to tell if you are a workaholic: http://on.ft.com/15R269C
The Bergen Work Addiction Scale was presented last year in the Scandinavian Journal of Psychology and uses seven basic criteria to identify work addiction. The questions are scored on the following scale: (1) Never; (2) Rarely; (3) Sometimes; (4) Often; and (5) Always.
● You think of how you can free more time to work.
● You spend much more time working than initially intended.
● You work in order to reduce feelings of guilt, anxiety, helplessness and depression.
● You have been told by others to cut down on work without listening to them.
● You become stressed if you are prohibited from working.
● You de-prioritise hobbies, leisure activities and exercise because of your work.
● You work so much that it has influenced your health negatively.
According to the study, scoring “often” or “always” on at least four of the seven questions suggests you may have a problem.