- Painter Law Firm PLLCMember, 2006 - presentI help patients and their families who've been injured by medical negligence.
- Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.Senior Associate, 1999 - 2005I worked in the health law department, representing hospitals, doctors and health care providers.
- U.S. ArmyLieutenant, 1994 - 1996I was a hospital administrator at the General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital.
Painter Law Firm PLLC 12750 Champion Forest Dr. Houston, TX 77066 If you try to reach me by email or phone, I'll be back in touch with you immediately. I'm here to serve my clients.
I am a trial lawyer. I founded Painter Law Firm PLLC in 2005.
Every day I help real people who've suffered catastrophic injuries because of medical negligence. I have significant litigation experience in medical malpractice, brain injury and serious personal injury lawsuits.
My initial career focus was science and medicine. My college degree is in biology. I received a full tuition scholarship to medical school from the U.S. Army. In my second year of medical school, I decided to pursue my interest in health law instead.
I was previously a hospital administrator. After medical school, I served two years as an officer in the U.S. Army, as a hospital administrator at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. I learned the ins and outs of hospital management, including quality of care and accreditation standards.
I know how hospitals and doctors think. I was previously associated with Houston's largest law firm, Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP, where I represented hospitals, doctors and other health care providers. I know the strategies and techniques that defendants use to try to avoid responsibility for the harm that they cause to my clients.
I am a leader in the legal industry. I'm the editor-in-chief of The Houston Lawyer magazine. I have a perfect 10 rating by Avvo. Martindale Hubbell awarded me with its highest award, the coveted AV designation. Painter Law Firm has been consistently recognized for multiple years as a Better Business Bureau Pinnacle and Award of Distinction winner. Click here to read more about my experience and recognition.
I believe that my background gives me a unique perspective on medical malpractice cases. My firm and I work hard for our clients to get the best results.
- Baylor Law SchoolLaw (J.D.), 1997 - 1999
- West Virginia UniversityBiology (B.A.), 1989 - 1992
- Marshall UniversityMedicine (M.D. Candidate), 1992 - 1993
- Webster UniversityPublic Administration (M.A.), 1994 - 1995