How much longer until I can get a proper (public domain) 3D mesh model of the lunar surface, I wonder?
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 15 previous comments
- There are some other data tables available here: http://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/missions/clementine/gravtopo.htmlNov 27, 2011
- Although the picture data may actually be higher resolution than the Clementine data. There are only 75000 data points in that data. But it is a true spherical data set.Nov 27, 2011
- OK, here are some higher res data sets (from the USGS)
I guess none of these are as high a resolution as the new LROC data but they might be a better starting point for a full lunar mesh. Then you could use the higher res LROC data to refine a portion.Nov 27, 2011
- That Clementine data looks interesting - what I need now is a whole moon visual texture, I see some different datasets for different wavelengths, not sure if they cover the poles yet. It seems like lroc ought to have a nice mosaic since all their stuff was optical (or near optical?) to begin with but I haven't dug into it yet.Nov 27, 2011
- All the info is spread across multiple threads so I've collected a lot of it here: http://binarymillenium.com/2011/11/lunar-dtm100-to-blender-displacment-map.htmlNov 28, 2011
- Thanks, Lucas, for all your work on this.Nov 28, 2011
Add a comment...