“Will you have a car I can borrow?” I asked. “Sure. No charge. There’s a sign telling you where to find the key.” It is pretty common for small airports to have a car for a pilot to borrow when flying in. This lets a person go into town for lunch, or…
My hobby and profession involves programming and system administration. I have released many programs as Free Software, which you are welcome to download, examine, and share. I am a developer for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system, and have been since the late 1990s. I've written some books about programming and operating systems.
I have a lot of them: amateur radio, bicycling, photography, philosophy, literature, rail travel, etc. There is a better list on my personal website.
I'm a developer for Debian GNU/Linux, chair of the board for Mennonite Bethesda Society (a non-profit operator of a nursing home), a volunteer for the Amateur Radio Emergency Service and Skywarn.
Please visit my website.
- eFolder, Inc.VP of IT and Engineering, 2011 - present
- Mennonite Bethesda SocietyChair of Board of Trustees, 2005 - 2012
- Self-employeedConsultant, Developer, and Author, 1999 - 2012
- Excel Industries, Inc.IT Director, 2002 - 2011
- Software in the Public Interest, Inc.President & Chairman of the Board, 2003 - 2006
- Progeny Linux SystemsSr. Software Developer, 2000 - 2001
Can You Do Real Work With the 30-Year-Old IBM 5150?
Our intrepid reporter spends a week trying to write, browse the Web, edit photos, and even (shudder) tweet on IBM's first PC.