Start a hangout
19 followers|87,444 views
Works at Coast Guard (CG) Electronics Support Detachment Louisville, KY
Attended Tumwater High School
Lived in Yakima, WA
19 followers|87,444 views
Professionally, I've proudly served my country in the US Coast Guard for 29 years. I joined right after High School as an Electronics Technician, but had my sights set on flying helicopters as a rescue pilot. When I failed to qualify due to eyesight, I continued my electronics career and went to sea, traveling all over the world on the Coast Guard Icebreaker Polar Star, Coast Guard Cutter Storis in Kodiak, Alaska and the Bering Sea, and finally the Coast Guard Icebreaker Polar Sea.
- Coast Guard (CG) Electronics Support Detachment Louisville, KYSupervisor, 2011 - present
- CG Cutter POLAR SEA (WAGB-11)Control Group Supervisor, 2008 - 2011
- CG Communications Station New OrleansExecutive Petty Officer, 2006 - 2008
- CG Long Range Navigation Station George, WAOfficer in Charge, 2002 - 2006
- CG Engineering Logistics Center Baltimore, MDProcess Control Team Chief, 1999 - 2002
- CG Long Range Navigation Station Nantucket, MAExecutive Petty Officer, 1998 - 1999
- CG Long Range Navigation Station Las Cruces, NMExecutive Petty Officer, 1995 - 1998
- CG Cutter STORIS (WMEC-38)Electronics Technician in Charge, 1992 - 1995
- CG Cutter POLAR STAR (WAGB-10)Electronics Shop Technician, 1991 - 1992
- CG Communications Station Honolulu, HITransmitter Site Technician, 1988 - 1991
- CG Aids to Navigation Station 17th District Sitka, AKMaintenance Technician, 1985 - 1988
- CG Electronics "A" School NYC, NYStudent, 1984 - 1985
- CG Small Boat Station QUillayute River, WARadio Watchstander/44' Motor Life Boat Crewman, 1983 - 1984
- CG Boot Camp Cape May, NJRecruit, 1982 - 1983
- Denny'sWaiter, 1982 - 1982
- Jack-in-the-boxShort order cook, 1981 - 1981
- McDonald'sShort order cook, 1980 - 1980
- Private EmploymentLawnmower, 1978 - 1980
- Yakima HeraldPaper Boy, 1976 - 1976
Yakima, WA - Tumwater, WA - Forks/Quillayute River, WA - Governors Is., Staten Island NYC - Ketchikan, AK - Sitka, AK - Wahiawa, Oahu, HI - Kodiak, AK - Las Cruces, NM - Nantucket, MA - Baltimore/Laurel, MD - Moses Lake/George WA - New Orleans/Belle Chasse, LA - Seattle/Renton, WA - Louisville/MIddletown, KY -
I love life! I'm an enthusiastic, even tempered, explorer of the world around me
Welcome to my site!
A little about me, I enjoy just about everything with action in it from Hiking, Biking, Climbing to Skiing, Fishing, Hunting, Archery, Swimming, Surfing, Golf, Football, Softball and most adventure type sports. I'm an ardent risk-taker and am always looking for excitement in virtually everything I do. I also enjoy car racing, slot cars, and hope to rebuild a 1955 Ford Truck in the near future. In my quiet time, I play piano and sing with plans on creating a recording studio and recording my own songs.
I spend a great deal of my time listening to music. I enjoy all kinds of music, from Classical and Rock, to R&B, Jazz and everything in between. My favorite bands include Genesis, Rush, Pat Metheny, Steven Curtis Chapman, DC Talk, Natalie Grant, Yanni, George Winston, and Lizt.
I'm an avid reader, with Les Miserables, Atlas Shrugged, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Mark of the Lion, and Twilight Series being some of my favorites. I also enjoy the classics.
I've been a life long learner and am always challenging myself to learn more and take on new and exciting challenges to help me grow.
My mission in life is to encourage and help others identify their strengths and help them grow and succeed in all they do.
I married my wife Julie in 1983, and we have two beautiful kids, my son Dreyan who is now married, and my daughter Rebecca. It's hard to believe we've been married over 28 years, where does time go? Coast Guard Senior Chief. Cutterman with 7 years Sea Time.
- Tumwater High SchoolHigh School, 1981 - 1982
- Dona Ana Community CollegeElectronics, 1996 - 1997