Mr. Grant concentrates his practice on Chapter 11 bankruptcy, business restructurings and recoveries, official unsecured creditor committee representations, secured lender representation, 363 asset sales/purchases, mergers and acquisitions and other processes benefited by the United States Bankruptcy Code. He spent almost a decade at the boutique Chapter 11 bankruptcy firm Sheinfeld, Maley & Kay, P.C., known for representing Continental Airlines, Dow Corning Corporation, CompuAdd Corporation, and the Zale Credit Corporation committee.
Mr. Grant developed his bankruptcy practice and trained under Myron Sheinfeld, co-editor of Collier on Bankruptcy and co-author of Collier on Bankruptcy Taxation, and a member of the Collier Editorial Board. Mr. Grant also practiced at Sheinfeld, Maley & Kay with the Honorable Barbara J. Houser, Chief Judge, United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas from 1991-2000 (see publications below).
Mr. Grant has continued to develop his Chapter 11 bankruptcy practice, served as outsourced general counsel, and formed Roberts & Grant, P.C. with the late Honorable T. Glover Roberts (former United States Bankruptcy Judge).
His 22+ years of transactional, restructuring and acquisition experience covers the gamut of business transactions and industries including Construction, Oil & Gas, Securities, Hospitality (Hotels), Medical Facilities Acquisition, Acquisition/Divestitures, Real Estate, Aerospace/Aviation, Pharmaceutical Technology, Intellectual Property, International Business, Joint Ventures/Strategic Alliances, and Mergers and Acquisitions. Mr. Grant has represented numerous debtors, creditor committees, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, equity holders, and strategic asset purchasers.
A 1991 graduate of the University of Houston Law Center, Mr. Grant served as Research Editor of the University of Houston Law Review. During law school, Mr. Grant also served as an Intern to the Honorable William Greendyke in 1990-1991. He received a B. B. A., Finance, degree from the University of Texas in 1988.Awards, Recognitions and Professional Affiliations
- AV Preeminent® Rating in the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Superb (9.9/10) AVVO® Rating
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, Former Barrister
- Houston Law Review, Former Research Editor
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
Co-Author with Honorable Barbara J. Houser, United States Bankruptcy Judge, of the following articles:
- Co-Author | “Significant Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Decisions During 1999,” Norton Bankruptcy Law Advisor (March 2000)
- Co-Author | “Significant Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Decisions During 1998,” Norton Bankruptcy Law Advisor (March 1999)
- Co-Author | “Significant Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Decisions During 1997,” Norton Bankruptcy Law Advisor (March 1998)
- Co-Author | “Significant Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Decisions During 1996,” Norton Bankruptcy Law Advisor (March 1997)
- Co-Author | “Recent Developments in Commercial and Consumer Cases,” 22nd Annual Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute Seminar (April 3-5, 1997)
- Co-Author | “Significant Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Decisions During 1995,” Bankruptcy Law Advisor (March 1996)
- University of TexasBBA - Finance, 1985 - 1988
100 Crescent Court, Suite 700
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorneys | Dallas, TX | Richard G. Grant, P.C.
Richard G Grant, P.C. is a boutique law firm in Dallas concentrating in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The Firm's Chapter 11 experience covers a bro