Profile cover photo
Profile photo
hilda burke (Hilda Burke Psychotherapy)
103 followers -
Psychotherapist London
Psychotherapist London

103 followers
About
hilda's posts

Post has attachment
Interesting piece I contributed to about the effects of digital addiction..

Post has attachment
Interesting piece I contributed to on #bbcnewsbeat on how  we respond to terrorist atrocities

Post has shared content
I'm quoted in this piece but not sure I agree! Alongside disenfranchisement, frustration and shame, people are feeling financially cautious and therapy unfortunately is seen by many as a luxury..
The real Brexit winners? British therapists - By From marketwatch.com Britain’s vote to exit the European Union has prompted some to enter therapist offices, seeking counseling in the aftermath of the contentious event. The controversial referendum, in which about 52% of voters favored leaving the EU and 48% favored staying, has prompted anxiety, worry and social m… …read more Source:: The real Brexit winners? British therapists       

Post has attachment
Feeling #Brexit anxiety? Interesting piece here (with some comments from me) on how going cold turkey on media helped Sara Sherman

Post has attachment
Very interesting +Refinery29 piece I contributed to on the link between #alcohol  and #anger .

"Hilda first told me that, no matter what our personality type is, it’s natural to experience anger. She explained: “Where we differ is the capacity to make sense of our emotions and how we express our feelings of anger. Sober, most of us have the ability to do this. However, alcohol is a disinhibitor. It breaks down the ability to rationalise and listen to others.” Therefore, if someone annoys us we are more likely to vocalise it when drunk. "

Post has attachment

Post has attachment

Post has attachment

Post has attachment
Chuffed to be quoted by Louise Chunn in her excellent, honest article on #anxiety   in tomorrow's #dailytelegraph : "Therapist Hilda Burke reports that people can also end up simply ‘fearing the fear’. She’s seen this with clients who are doing well with their therapeutic treatment but can’t stop themselves thinking: what will happen if the anxiety returns? “This type of anxiety is actually the most threatening of all because it often appears when everything seems positive, and as such it can be extremely destabilising.”

Post has attachment
"Hilda Burke, a psychotherapist and couples counsellor, believes that, often, people citing financial security as a reason to stay together are just finding a useful excuse. “It’s a convenient cover for something else. When my clients talk with longing about doing something radically different – taking a sabbatical, going back to university, changing career or indeed leaving their partner – the number one reason they give for holding back is ‘I couldn’t afford to’." #relationshipgoals  
Wait while more posts are being loaded