I have a bunch more to write about this game, but I'm going slowly thanks to migraine and such, and I can't wait to tell people about one of the best things about it. A more detailed reading and comments on strengths (which are multiple) and weaknesses (which are more prominent than they should be) will follow as soon as may be.
This is a sic-fantasy game. It's the 31st century, other-dimensional horrors stalk the world thanks to a bit of archeology gone really bad, and three massive AIs protect the world in their different ways. The PCs are heroes working for one or another of the three, protecting the remaining sanctuaries and sticking it to the bad guys.
This is the cool part. The game uses Fate Accelerated (my personal favorite version of Fate Core)...but the AIs have each given their agents/servants different mixes of abilities on top of the baseline approach of Human, for empathy, rapport, and the like. So you have one set of approaches if you're a clone outfitted with super tech, a different set if you're a psychic projection of a sleeping person, and a third if you're a cyborg with personality implants.
Each is clearly described in terms of its principles, and has bullet points for each of the four actions. F'r instance:Log-In
Connected to the global net, you receive information from Nirvana, whether they are information or scans of the area, every time you need. Nirvana's database has all of human knowledge.
* Overcome: If you need information, data, or satellite scans, Nirvana can do them in a few seconds.
* Create an advantage: proper information is the key to solve any problem. Nirvana can send you the Sector 65 map
if you need it, or the Anti-contagious agent composition instructions
that you require.
* Attack: the right information at the right time can be more valid than weapons.
* Defend: surprise them with something they do not know.Faith
The Voice talks to you and always gives you advice, you have to believe her. Follow the path that she suggests and defend humanity from the Hekath menace.
* Overcome: the Voice guides you in your choices and gives you the right suggestions. The end justifies the means.
* Create an advantage: the Voice knows how to make the most out of a situation. That Door can withstand the attack
even if sometimes gaining an advantage requires suffering. You will use that LostH as a human shield
* Attack: use your faith to find the hidden enemy.
* Defend: your faith is firm and pure, the mantras protect you from the things that darken your mind.Mighty
You have the strength of ten men, what is impossible to many is normal to you.
* Overcome: you will damage something, but you will arrive at your goal.
* Create an advantage: you can Shred the door
that blocks your way or Easily bend the bars
that prevent your escape.
* Attack: throw a vehicle or use a beam as a weapon, whatever happens you will damage your target and those around you.
* Defend: remove that piece of the wall, if you need a shield. Easy!
This is one of those SPROING!
moments for me. I can imagine it helping a lot with, say, doing Vampire in FAE, with clans providing some approaches and character interests providing some. Love it.http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185979/Evolution-Pulse--English-Edition