The Market Rent Only option for tied tenants is the result of a decade of diligent, determined and dedicated voluntary work by a team of tied publicans who've been taken to the cleaners by white collar fraudsters called tied pubco model CEOs through being hoodwinked into signing contracts by misrepresentation.
This law change is due to thousands of hours of focused work by highly skilled publicans determined to see fairness and freedom in the pub sector, headed up by LibDem MP Greg Mulholland with Campaign for Real Ale pussy footing around the edges and the Sunday Mirror printing a few column inches while ignoring the opportunity to get behind deep stories illustrating the #GreatBritishPubcoScam that they've been offered by people like me,one of those publicans.
It's thanks to us that the beer tie is slowly being eroded... And thanks to publicans working to save their own livelihoods, traditions and heritage that thousands of otherwise soon to be ex pubs may survive for the edification of future generations.
Watch out for the tied pubco's behaving spitefully and vindictively in the next three years.
Bob Sayles is helping raise campaign funds for Greg's reelection... See the link
Take a look at @bobsayles's Tweet: https://twitter.com/bobsayles/status/580353348315930624?s=09
- King Edward VI Grammar1976Grammar/Comprehensive O and A level Morpeth, Northumberland
- Southport College of Art1977 - 1978Foundation Arts' Year
- Manchester PolytechnicBa Hons Graphics Photo Major
- John Brookes' Kew School of Garden DesignDiploma in Garden Design
- School of the Art Institute of ChicagoPhotography, Film, Video Majors
- Common PurposeOne year Civil Society Matrix Programme
- People's Pub PartnershipProject Development, 2010 - presentProject development. Setting out the foundations of the radical crowd funded commercially savvy pub company that's going to make pubs fit for the expectations of 21st century consumers
- THE SUN AND DOVESparent, photographer, philosopher, publican, 1995 - 2011Owner of tied lease. Pioneering pub from 1995 that set benchmarks for community engagement and customer satisfaction
- Joe Allen / Orso RestaurantsBar tender / Maitre 'D, 1984 - 1986Started as waiter - moved to Bartender then Maitre 'D of London's original American restaurant. One of the busiest, best organised money making food and drink machines in the West End that spawned waves of the best restaurants and bars in the capital for the next three decades as ex Joe's staff moved out and set up on their own.
- Landscape and Garden DesignDesign and Build, 1990 - 1995Landscape and garden design, Dip. John Brookes Kew Gardens Design School
- Legends Private Club & Restaurant Mayfair WC1General Manager / DJ / Host, 1986 - 1989Hirer to firer of everyone and everything in top Mayfair private members' club and restaurant - overseer of public events.
+44 7768 096761
Between Lewisham and Southwark
I've Been Saying Keep It In The Ground For More Than A Decade
See the Guardian Keep It In The Ground Maybe I haven't been shouting loud enough. Maybe I'm too polite. I've been touting the proposition fo
Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: The future of pubs (if CAMRA keeps winning)
I gave a speech at the Future Pubs conference yesterday. This is what I said... I've been asked today to give you my predictions of what the
THE problem IS the Tie. The Beer Tie has Killed the Pub Sector
THE problem IS the Tie. As long as the Tie exists the Tie WILL BE ABUSED. Endemic abuse of the tie underlies every problem in the pub sector
The Chesterfield Post - Pubs and Clubs dates and reviews for Chesterfield
Wednesday 11th February 2015. A campaign to save a New Whittington pub has stepped up a gear, with the support of North East Derbyshire's MP
Wolverhampton pub plans to make way for Co-op and car park
A campaign has been launched to save another local pub that is one of 202 sold off in a £90 million deal.
It's time to get Back onto Brand with Question Time
Russell Brand THIS post about Russell Brand got more reblogs and shares and comments and reaction than any other I've done. Why? Because a l
PRESS RELEASE: Package of support for the Great British pub
the tweet of irony of ironies Unbelievable clap trap from the government and the New 'Pubs Minister' Kris (I block ALL pro pubco campaigners
Village pub's saviours from Silicon Valley - Telegraph
Couple who made millions from sale of Bebo to buy The Farmers Arms in Woolsery, Devon, which has been closed since December 2012
The True Cost of Pub Closures are the Human Costs that are Never Calcula...
Dear CAMRA friends. Please bear with me. This is serious. I'm a professional publican. I have to tell you a story of the everyday in tied pu
Tied Publicans, Pub Tenants and Licensees is Something Like THIS Happeni...
If you are a publican who has a lease with a Tied Pubco or a tenancy with one of the 'Family Brewers' you're probably going through somethin
Community shocked by sudden closure of The Lyndhurst
Article in Get Reading on Aug 20, 2014 Appalling. This is called The Great British Pubco Scam. photo from Get Reading It is happening, conti