Interesting to see the arguments around #GunControl
coming out. The reasons for are blindingly obvious. But the pro-gun lobby keep resorting to these same five idiotic responses, roughly in this order:
1. There's a 200 year old bit of paper that says the US has no army, navy or air force, so civilians need to bear arms instead.
2. I need a gun to repel intruders to my house or defend myself on the streets, because there isn't a police force in the US.
3. I need a gun to stop the government from becoming a military dictatorship. Because clearly that's what every elected president secretly wants to achieve.
4. Some people die from causes other than gunshot wounds, and we can't possibly deal with any one problem without dealing with every other problem first, can we?
5. I'm not giving up my gun, so there. You're a [insert random insult].
I think we can safely say they've lost the argument.