This isn't a regular problem, but July was a crazy set of (I hope) statistically anomalous customer emergencies. The challenging part is that I'm the guy who's supposed to be hiring additional people to make sure nobody's on call to much. I have the headcount, just not the heads.
I do my best, but oncall is oncall...
Yes. This week is out for me. When can you beer?
I just noticed I didn't mention his accident in my stream. Poor kiddo had his first 911 call, emergency room visit, and hospital admission last Sunday. He's all right (now), but boy was it scary.
- Isilon SystemsTechnical Manager, Post-Release Engineering, 2005 - present
- Cluestick ConsultingPrincipal, 2001 - 2005
- SkyNetWEB / Affinity Internet, IncUnix Systems Administrator, 2000 - 2001
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)Unix Systems Administrator, 1998 - 2000
- Buzz (current)
- University of Colorado2003 - 2003
- Goucher CollegePhilosophy, Creative Writing, 1994 - 1998
- Edgemont High School1993 - 1994
- Hastings High School1990 - 1993
- Hastings Middle School1986 - 1990
- Hillside Elementary School1984 - 1986
- Fieldston Elementary School1980 - 1984
The inside story of how Microsoft killed its Courier tablet
Microsoft's decision to cancel its innovative Courier tablet computer a year and a half ago reverberates today, as the software giant plots
RFC 3898 - Network Information Service (NIS) Configuration Options for D...
[Docs] [txt|pdf] [draft-ietf-dhc-dh...] [Diff1] [Diff2] PROPOSED STANDARD Network Working Group V. Kalusivalingam Request for Comments: 3898
» Ballard student receives award from First Lady » Ballard student recei...
Ballard student receives award from First Lady