Everyone that recently cancelled their orders were more than happy to purchase the Greedo shoots, Jedi Rocks, Vader no longer saying “Bring my shuttle,” galaxy wide celebration Jedi ending, music mixed too low during the Battle of Yavin, beaked sarlaac, Jabba in docking bay 94, Han’s changed dialog at Karkoon, Oola’s reaction to the Rancor special editions. My confusion lies in the fact that, everyone was outraged, OUTRAGED with these changes when they were originally released, but now they are acceptable? Give me a break.
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- That new "Noooooooo!" Vader says when he saves Luke is bullshit. As a film fan it's insulting. It would be like dubbing "Let's go kick some ass" into the final walk scene in "The Wild Bunch". It doesn't need to be said, or explained.
It's funny you don't get worked up, but spend so much time defending this stuff. You don't see me defending the American Godzilla movie or anything Argento has done in the past 15 years. :P
Yes, Scarface was not the best choice. Leave it at that. People's ignorance is no excuse.Sep 16, 2011
- I think it all came from the absolute hate I had been reading, and not just about Star Wars. No one is ever happy. About anything. Maybe it's the circles I associate with, but no one can ever seem to just enjoy anything anymore. Since I had my kids and now have a job that I really like and am appreciated at, I think my view on things has changed. I don't get mad anymore. Sure, I can during a review, but it doesn't last beyond that.
I wanted to be a positive voice in the hurricane of negativity. Partly to see if I could do it with out losing my cool, and partly because it's still Star Wars and those movies were instrumental in my childhood. I can't wait for the 3D versions so we can all go to the theater as a family and I can have the same experience that my Dad did when he took me to see them.
Ultimately, I think that's why I defend them, I'm about to hand the torch to my children.Sep 16, 2011
- Thanks for explaining. Totally understand about negativity in fandoms. In the past few years I've just stopped reading and participating in that kind of stuff. It just took the fun outta....fun. I'm happy to have critical reviews, in order to make informed decisions, but am not going to pile on or get worked up.
It's kinda funny that with you Star Wars seems to serve as something to pass to the next generation, a role that, traditionally, religion would take.Sep 16, 2011
- Or a culture's mythology. Wait.... ;)Sep 16, 2011
- Considering the only difference between religion, mythology and pure fiction is the fact that fiction is known to be made up from the beginning and thereby never mistaken for truth, I would say that calling Star Wars "mythology" isn't totally unfounded.Sep 16, 2011
- Totally agree. Modern mythology, like superheroes.Sep 16, 2011