Ubuntu Phone: India launch plans
Firstly a welcome to our Indian Insiders Kiran, Niyam, Bhavani and Rohan who join the Insider crew!
And secondly for those that were unable to attend the India launch plan hangout earlier today, here's an update on what was shared:
- Launching the E.45 and E5 HD in a black variant within the next couple weeks on Snapdeal's site - which is the first major international retailer
- We've created regional specific content variants in the store, thus the device will have an Indian specific store experience. Content includes a Bollywood Scope, Indian-specific news (NDTV, TOI) to name a few. We are also finding more sources in the next few weeks to further develop the content experience notably for the NearBy Scope
- Local communication to take place from Snapdeal and international from BQ and us once launched, with launch PR in the next week or two
- 2 weeks after launch there will be an Ubuntu Store on Snapdeal where other Ubuntu products will be available
Also, there's been news announced that BQ will be offering the Ubuntu Phone globally which we found out about today! It's great news though as it demonstrates their commitment to the product and gives fans worldwide the opportunity to get their hands on the product - though there will be certain bandwidth issues in countries that include the US.
Other developments shared:
- We're making it easier for developers to create Scopes that have a richer experience through improved features and toolkit
- The upcoming OTAs to include more intelligent features, better social integration, improved synchronisation, further plugins and overall performance and connectivity to address mass market needs as we move towards Convergence
Exciting plans as we work towards addressing key product needs and spread markets.
Via Amrisha Prashar #Ubuntu #UbuntuPhone #Bq