- urgh, okay, I'm gonna set up Google music on the phone so I can STOP it from pulling podfic listening info up to its cloud without my say so
- not allowed to do this on the phone. wtf.
- two days later: okay, gonna set it up on the computer. what a hassle.
- just to access the Google music account, they want a credit card. to verify my country. yeah, no. Screenshot because this has made me angry, and since everyone always beats on me for being a Google fangirl, this might amuse some people and I want to post it.
- go to Picasa to upload my screenshot. Picasa is gone, replaced by Google Plus Photos. The layout gives me stomach cramps from anger, and there's no way to change it. I have 24" of screenspace and I can see eight albums at a glance. Fucking ridiculous.
- upload the screenshot anyway. I really wanna bitch about this now. When I'm done, it offers me to link to the album on G+. An album I have set up to be only viewable one pic at a time, and only to people with a specific link. Thanks, no thanks.
- I can't find the pic I just uploaded in the album. It's not there, I think. Or it might be in one of my albums that's not set to invisible. Or it might be in the album it should be, but I can't find it because scrolling through a hundred pics, all blown up to gigantic size, six pics at the time, is confusing to someone who has trouble reading even slightly unordered information.
- no pic for you. Just resignation that Google apparently destroyed another product I evangelised for for years.