(315) 735-3301, 911
413 Oriskany St. West Utica, NY 13502
The Utica Police Department, in partnership with the community, provides impartial, ethical, and professional law enforcement service and protection. We strive to maintain the trust and confidence of our citizens while working to improve the quality of life within the City.
This page was created to provide people who live and work in Utica, NY, or others with an interest in the UPD access to information about the UPD and a platform with which to interact with the UPD. This page is monitored and managed by the UPD.
- In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
- Do not use this page to report a crime. To report a crime, call (315) 735-3301 or if it’s an emergency call 911.
- “Friending” between UPD officers and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
- Comments posted by visitors on the UPD Google+ page DO NOT reflect the opinions of the department nor does the UPD endorse any third party comments on this page.
- The UPD reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the UPD.
- The UPD does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the UPD.
- If you have photos or videos you’d like to share on this page, contact the UPD by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Utica Police Department is comprised of 180 (women and men) police officers. We serve a population around 62,235. The size of the city is 16.6 square miles. Hon. Robert Palmieri is the Mayor; and the Chief of Police is Mark Williams.