Circle my Alpine Ventures snow plowing business page for road condition and weather updates, beautiful Colorado scenery photos, local happenings, and industry news.
We love our work - it's fun, and we get to live in a spectacularly beautiful place. But what is most important are the personal relationships we have developed with people. After 20 years in business, many of our customers are multi-generational, which is pretty cool.
I'm also a photographic artist. From the time my mom gave me her old Brownie box camera when I was about 8 years old, I fell in love with taking snapshots to record the adventures of my life. In the summer of 2011, I was introduced to G+ by a friend, and became acquainted with the photography community here. At that time, my mom had been battling breast cancer for a year, and we found out it had metastasized. So, my photo hobby evolved into a source of mental and emotional relief from the agony of watching my mom die by inches. She passed away in October 2012, and I continue to find comfort and clarity behind the lens as I focus on the simple beauty of nature.
Because of sharing my pictures here on G+, I have been asked if they can be purchased. While at this time my photography remains a hobby for relaxation and creative expression, I have opened an online gallery where they may be purchased in various print formats, Elements Photographic Art
. If you would like to purchase a picture that you see here in my G+ albums, but it's not listed in my gallery, let me know and I can upload it for you.
COPYRIGHT: Except for special items marked "All rights reserved,"
my original creative works are licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives (CC-BY-NC-ND). Click here for license details
You are free to share (copy, distribute, transmit) the works under the following conditions:
- Attribution: Karen Shackles with link to my online gallery http://elementsphotographicart.com
- Non-commercial use only
- Non-Derivitive - you may not alter, transform, or build upon the works
- Contact me if additional permissions are requested.
Circle the Jackson Gone Wild page for the chronicles of an adventurous teddy bear in the Colorado back country.
A BIT MORE ABOUT ME:
- Married to Steve, the husband of my life, since 1987; we live in a small mountain town, Dillon, in Summit County, Colorado, USA, along with two cats, Bentley and Cheyenne, and one adventurous teddy bear, Jackson.
- Mountain girl, nature lover, and athletic work in progress. I endeavor to make sustainable food and lifestyle choices.
- I love good food, good wine, and good whiskey. And cheese - I've never met a cheese I didn't like.
- I'm not techy, but I'm doing my best to keep up with 21st century technology. Any help you can offer is appreciated!
- I love nature and the outdoors, science, photography, art, music, reading, and creative writing.
- I have eclectic tastes and am often a paradox; fiercely loyal, but not afraid to call a spade a spade. I also have a somewhat dry and quirky sense of humor.
- I'm a person of faith and worship the Creator. I won't throw it in your face, but on occasion, a reference to my faith may show up in a post. I extend and expect mutual tolerance and respect, whether you're atheist, spiritual, or religious.
- I'm blessed to live in an area that's like a picture postcard. My husband and I go exploring in the back country, as well as take scenic drives around the region, and I chronicle our adventures with pictures.
- I'm also really enjoying participating in some of the daily photography themes being curated on G+. (http://goo.gl/Wdui8 ) I participated in the #creative366project, taking a photo every day of 2012 and sharing them here. And for 2013 I'm having fun with the #P52BW13 project, a weekly assigned theme for a black & white photo, which can be seen here
MY "NO" LIST:
- I don't care how many circlers anyone has, and I don't automatically reciprocate circling or expect that of others. I'm more likely to circle you if you interact with me.
- If your profile is blank, I probably won't circle you.
- I will mute most political discussion.
- I don't do the gaming thing.
- I don't use chat.
People I will block: I maintain my right to control my online associations. Just as I limit who I invite physically into my home, I control who I allow into my virtual life as well. Pornography, spammers, trolls, and anyone who is manipulative, a bully, bigot, racist, overly profane, or who makes my creep-o-meter go into red alert will be blocked immediately and with extreme prejudice. Differing opinions are welcome, as long as you have the ability to debate in a respectful way without aggression or putting others down.
"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" ~ "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?" ~"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.