- Freelance Writer and Teacher, 2001 - presentMy creative writing and journalism has been published in the New Statesman, Mental Health Nursing (Journal of the Community Psychiatric Nursing Association), Blueprint, Vice, bbc.co.uk, various poetry collections etc. I have in the past supplemented my income as a freelance writer with teaching jobs in the UK, Europe and Asia. Achievements: 1. In 2009 I taught a seminar on the subject of the use of hip hop / 'urban' culture in marketing and advertising on the Intercultural Communication module of the BA Communications course at the American International University London's campus in Richmond, Surrey. 2. Poetry published in the Journal of Nietzsche Studies in 2001 (an academic journal of philosophy that says it "does not normally publish poetry or other creative works").
- Self EmployedFreelance Digital Advertising Specialist Consultant / Trainer, 2008 - presentI have now been established for over 4 years in my own business working as a Freelance Digital Advertising Consultant / Trainer specialising in Google Adwords (also known as Sponsored Links or Pay Per Click advertising). I've passed the Google Adwords exam and at time of writing (8.2013) I'm working on PPC advertising campaigns on Google with variable individual budgets of up to £4.5K per month. I have consulted on a PPC campaign on a site with sales of £10M in 2012.. I'm currently working on sites affected by ranking drops due to the Google 'Panda' & 'Penguin' updates (not as a result of my work) including one with an Unnatural Link Warning and penalty from Google (now lifted). I work from the Surrey / Hants borders area with easy access to the London & South UK area. Various clients in the UK have selected me to consult on or train them in PPC-related matters including the following: Aviator By TAG, Crowe Clark Whitehill, & Berg Kaprow Lewis. Achievements: In 2010 I assisted Wise Tiger with some Pay Per Click advertising consultancy for Think Apartments. The result of this work contributed to them achieving £1M in online bookings in 10 months. See http://www.wisetiger.co.uk/case-studies/single-case-study/archive/2010/may/article/think-apartments/ . I am not able to list all the brands / companies I have worked on by name due to non-disclosure agreements.
- Self EmployedFreelance SEO & Google Adwords Consultant, 2008 - presentI have now been established for over 4 years in my own business working as a Freelance Integrated Digital Marketing & Content Strategy Consultant / Trainer specialising in 'organic' Google SEO & link building services. I offer independent advice. Some of my current work is working to 'undo' or mitigate the effects of the work of "SEO professionals" who did not follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines. As a result the sites they "optimised" are affected by the Google 'Panda' & 'Penguin' updates with issues such as Unnatural Link Warnings, penalties (causing a drop in rankings) from Google and devalued links. I work from the Surrey / Hants borders (office in Farnham) area with easy access to the London & South UK area inc. Woking, Reading, Crawley, Brighton, Portsmouth. Various clients in the London, Surrey, Sussex, Berkshire and Hampshire, UK and overseas areas have selected me to consult on or train them in SEO-related matters including Mediacom (UK's largest media agency & part of GroupM / WPP), freeads.co.uk (one of the top 500 sites in the UK according to Hitwise), TAG Group, Travel Weekly Group & Horwath Clark Whitehill.. I've worked on sites of all sizes including one with online sales of c. £15 million per week (at time of writing 3.2012). Expertise: ('Whitelabel') On-Page/Site Google SEO Audits & Strategic Recommendations Hands-On SEO Changes to Sites/Pages Keyword Research Content Creation Suggestions Content Development Content Promotion / Viral "Pushes" Link Building & Link Building Recommendations Social Media Marketing Recommendations Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools Reporting On-Site Training Integrated Digital Marketing & Advertising Specialist Consultancy Content Strategy I am not able to list all the brands / companies I have worked on by name due to non-disclosure agreements.
- Voodoo E-CommerceSEO & Google Adwords Consultant, 2006 - 2008Worked as part of a small team delivering ('white label') digital marketing & content strategy, board level reporting, business intelligence reporting, eCRM, SEO, PPC & eCommerce web development specialist services. I gained expertise in ecommerce here, working with furniture, fashion, professional & financial services, music, travel and luxury brands online. Brands and companies I worked on in my time in this post included Yamaha Music UK, Robert Dyas, Heal & Starcom MediaVest among others. In this role I developed expertise in the following areas: • Development & review of off- and on-page SEO and content strategies, inc. keyword research, site architecture improvements,site audits, link building & board-level reporting. • Account management & direction. • Making substantial improvements in organic search rankings for SEO clients on Google etc through SEO copywriting & linkbuilding • Analysing and reporting on search engine visibility, web stats, keyword research, market analysis, competitor behaviour & traffic patterns using tools such as Google Analytics / Webmaster Tools etc. • Recommending best SEO practices . • Setting up, monitoring, enhancing & reporting on Google Adwords / Bing / Yahoo PPC (aka Sponsored Links) ad campaigns with expertise developed working as a Certified Google Adwords Professional. Worked on campaigns with budgets of up to £1K per day. Achievements: Worked as part of a small team to gain top 10 rankings on Google UK for clients for key phrases including "sheet music", "international health insurance" & "wholesale gifts" with consistently high ROI on PPC activity. In 2007 we helped Heals.co.uk achieve one of the highest proportions of traffic from the Mosaic Group “Symbols of Success” (the wealthiest demographic according to the Mosaic classifications) for 4 weeks ending 1/12/07 see ‘Hitwise Lifestyle Snapshot Report’ on www.hitwise.com/news/uk200712.html . Obtained Google AdWords Qualified Individual.status with mark of 85%.
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust
Please contact C Byrne for a callback / more information via cwjbyrne (a) aol.com or 01252 757562..
Specialist in SEO, SEM, SMO, search engine optimisation / optimization, social media optimisation, internet marketing, e-marketing & search engine optimisation. Brands and companies I have worked on / for in my time in online marketing / SEO include Yamaha Music UK, Robert Dyas, Heals, Starcom MediaVest Group (world's largest media agency and part of Publicis - one of the top 5 advertising agencies worldwide), Jordans (UK's number one company formation agent) etc.
Real ability to teach / mentor staff / clients and conduct / interpret research. Experienced in running advertising / marketing / publicity campaigns on a local / international level. Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practice. Current knowledge of search development strategies / legal issues. Fundamental understanding of E-Commerce and related issues. Good appreciation of usability and accessibility issues. Business acumen / commercial sensitivity.
I have passed my Google Adwords Professional exam and am proficient in Search Engine Optimisation (using a content management system), experienced in online strategy research / analysis / definition for businesses of all sizes (up to a turnover of £100 million per year), competitor analysis, pay per click advertising, copywriting etc.
I've managed / advised on pay per click campaigns on the 3 major search engines with variable budgets of up to £1000 per day.
I have a consistent track record of helping clients obtain Top 10 positions accross the major search engines in competitive areas including double glazing, storage systems, health insurance etc. See http://www.seolondonsurrey.co.uk/case-studies for some SEO, PPC & Youtube Case Studies.
Inbound Link Building Specialist
Internet (aka Online / Web / Search / Digital) Strategy
SEO - Search Engine Optimisation / Optimization
Online Reputation Management / Monitoring Consultancy
Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising (Google Adwords, MSN Adcenter and Yahoo Search Marketing) aka Sponsored Links
Social Media Optimisation (SMO),
Site Speed Optimisation Analysis
Online Retail Consultancy
- Google Conversion University2013
- University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey
- Farnborough College of Technology, Hampshire
- Google Advertising Professional Program
- Microsoft Bing Ads Accredited Professional Program
- University of Humberside, Hull, East Yorkshire
- Farnborough Sixth Form College, Hampshire