Primer on Threading and Handlers in Android
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- In simple games I typically create an instance of Runnable subclass and call mHandler.removeCallbacks(mRunnable) in onPause() to stop UI updates.Jun 23, 2014
- Correct. but it's not just games. you can do it for many things that are related to activities. for example refreshing of the UI every X seconds.Jun 23, 2014
- Google IO 2014 has shown a new thing called "jobScheduler". I think this might be another way to handle background operations.Jun 26, 2014
- I didn't hear about "render thread". where can I find information about it? Also, about "jobScheduler" , where did you find information about it?Jun 26, 2014
- oh the videos are already available?
It got very late so I probably missed it.
Where is it? I can't watch it on Google IO 2014 website yet. I can only see that it exists, not to really watch it.Jun 26, 2014
- Thank you. I will also check out the rest of the videos when I get home. This is exciting.Jun 26, 2014
Add a comment...