Start a hangout
18 followers|38,346,649 views
Works at Dog Show Poop
Attended University of Memphis
Lives in Memphis, TN, United States
18 followers|38,346,649 views
Publisher/Editor of the pet blog, Dog Show Poop
experienced writerondog related issues includign dog shows, pet related legislation, and general pet issues. Retired management consultant with expertise in long range planning, team building, and productivity improvement.
- Dog Show PoopPublish/Editor, 2008 - presentIn 2008 I began publishing Dog Show Poop (DSP), a blog dedicated to promoting the sport of conformation dog shows. DSP covers every AKC all-breed show, providing show reports and up to the moment rankings and statistics. The focus is on providing a ringside experience with analysis and commentary on all things doggy.
- US NavyManager, 1982 - 2002From 1982 to 1996 I worked at the Naval Weapons Station in Concord CA, managing the resources (facilities, equipment & manpower ) and leading the long range planning effort of the station. I was a direct report to the Commanding Officer. From 1996-2002 I worked at the Navy Personnel Command in Millington TN managing the budgets of seven worldwide programs for the Navy's Family Service Centers.
- US Immigration ServiceExaminer, 1972 - 1982While working in the New York and San Francisco offices of the US Immigration & Naturalization Service, I adjudicated a wide range of applications for immigration benefits. I served as the San Francisco office's congressional liaison and Political Asylum Officer.
Memphis, TN, United States
New York, NY, United States - San Francisco, CA, United States - Washington, DC
Short, fat, bald, and happy.
I have been attending dog shows as a spectator and exhibitor for over 45 years. I am a retired management consultant who has advised multiple organizations affiliated with the AKC and the Cat Fanciers Association on business management, long range planning, customer service, and legislative matters. After 25 years of living in the big cities of New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, I now reside in my hometown of Memphis, TN. I have been married for 44 years to the former Brenda Neumann. We have two adult children, Winston & Wellesley, and two granddaughters, Emily & Olivia. When I am not writing about dogs, I will likely be listening to opera while in the kitchen, working on a cookbook of family recipes.
I broke the story on the Obama's selection of a Portuguese Water Dog as the presidential pooch months ahead of the mainstream press. See DSP post of 2/2/09, PWD WILL BE PRESIDENTIAL POOCH. I am one of the original contributors to Best In Show Daily, penning my Back Story column from December of 2011 through July of 2013. I am now dedicating all my free time to DSP, hoping to make new converts to the world of purebred dogs.
- University of MemphisPolitical Science/Sociology/Journalism, 1968 - 1971
- University of RochesterPhysics, 1967 - 1968