- Florida International UniversityAdjunct Professor, 2013 - present
- The International School of HospitalityAcademic Consultant, 2008 - present
- University of Nevada, Las VegasProfessor, 1988 - 2013
- Georgia State UniversityDepartment Chair, 1977 - 1987
- Academic Consultant for The International School of Hospitality.
- Adjunct Professor (online), Florida International University.
- Retired Professor, Hotel College, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Co-author of five books on catering.
- Frequent speaker at industry meetings on catering topics and/or social media.
- CPCE: Certified Professional Catering Executive, Emeritus (NACE)
- CHE: Certified Hospitality Trainer (EI of AH&LA)
- Recipient of many awards and honors.
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Oakland Technical High School
When Your Space Is Not Adequate for Your Event - Food for Thought | Cvent
I recently received this question from a student: What do you do when you have to book a site way in advance and then later find out that...
What Everybody Ought to Know About Bus Charter Sponsorship - Food for Th...
I love when students ask me questions. Formulating the answers pulls things out of my brain that have been sitting there in storage until...
It All Starts with a Relationship - Food for Thought | Cvent
Whatever side of the industry you are a part of, it is critically important to develop rapport and to understand the goals, needs...
Food Poisoning & How to Avoid It - Food for Thought | Cvent
As I am still recovering from a serious bout of food poisoning, I thought it would be appropriate and timely for me to remind you of the...
If You Struggle With How to Write a Press Release, Then Read This: - Foo...
Editors receive tons of press releases on a daily basis. Especially now that it is so easy to send them via email attachment. What is going.
What's New: Mega-trends in Catering in 2014 - Food for Thought | Cvent
My last post offered the thoughts of Olivier Dubreuil, Executive Chef and Maitre Cuisinier De France at the Venetian/Palazzo in Las Vegas...
What’s New: Trends in Food and Beverage for 2014 - Food for Thought | Cvent
Gearing up for 2014, I polled some of my industry gurus, to see what they consider the up-and-coming trends. In this series of posts, I will
The Art of Business Giving and Receiving - Food for Thought | Cvent
It is the time of the year when we are rack our brains, trying to think of cool presents for friends, family and business associates. For a.
Free Resources: Convention Models - Food for Thought | Cvent
Convention Models, sometimes affectionately referred to as
Planners: How to Outsource (or Be Outsourced) - Food for Thought | Cvent
Question: Is it possible to only contract as an event planner for a specific service? How often would that happen? Answer: Yes, of course...
Booking an Event at a Restaurant v. Catering - Food for Thought | Cvent
Booking a dinner in a restaurant is different than using a hotel. Some restaurants have banquet rooms, others do not. When restaurants that.
7 Best Practices When Choosing Flowers for Events - Food for Thought | C...
Most people love flowers. We give them as gifts on birthdays, anniversaries and birthdays. There are ancient depictions of the giving of...
Career Advice for Industry Hopefuls, Part II - Food for Thought | Cvent
As I mentioned in a prior post, I have spent decades giving career advice to students. Perhaps some of my counsel will be helpful to others.
Career Advice for Industry Hopefuls, Part 1 - Food for Thought | Cvent
As a professor, I spend a lot of time answering student questions. Since I started teaching online, the questions come in emails instead of.
15 Tips for Entertaining Clients - Food for Thought | Cvent
You never get a second chance to make a first impression! When taking clients, speakers or any other business associate out for a meal, you.