- The International School of HospitalityAcademic Consultant, present
- Florida International UniversityAdjunct Professor, 2014
- University of Nevada, Las VegasProfessor, 1988 - 2013
- Georgia State UniversityDepartment Chair, 1977 - 1987
- Academic Consultant, The International School of Hospitality.
- Professor Emeritus, Hotel College, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Adjunct Professor (online), Florida International University.
- Co-author of five books on catering.
- Blogger for Cvent
- CPCE: Certified Professional Catering Executive, Emeritus (NACE)
- CHT: Certified Hospitality Trainer (EI of AH&LA)
- Recipient of many awards and honors.
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Oakland Technical High School
Cvent CONNECT Serves Up 3 Courses of Content | Cvent
Tuesday’s opening session at was a seated breakfast, and MGM Grand served Egg White Fritatas from their Stay Well menu, a healthy...
Cvent CONNECT: Planner Loyalty Drivers: From One-Offs to Repeat Bookings...
Beginning with the question, “Who is your best customer?” a panel session that featured James Gelfand, General Manager, PGA Resort & Spa;...
Cvent CONNECT Chronicles: Prepare Your Taste Buds | Cvent
When people think of conference food, they don’t typically envision world-class cuisine. Instead, they think of the bland usual suspects...
Continuing Education for Event Professionals | Cvent
In these cash-strapped times, do you ever wonder where you can find the money to continue your education? Let me introduce you to...
Get to Know: Brett Ottolenghi, Artisanal Foods | Cvent
Everybody needs someone like Brett Ottolenghi in their life. When chefs in Las Vegas want top-quality, unique ingredients, they call Brett..
Who Else Wants Awesome 2015 Catering Trends? | Cvent
I asked my friend James Filtz, Managing Director of Catering at Yale University, what trends he sees in catered events in the coming year:..
SMPP - The new gold standard for Sustainable Meeting Planning | Cvent
In recent weeks, I have added the new SMPP, Sustainable Meeting Planning Program, to my teaching materials in various university courses....
Is Your Excess Food Going to Waste? - Food for Thought | Cvent
Do you feel guilty about the amount of food that gets discarded at the end of an event? What happens to all that surplus, perishable food?..
Using Humor in Presentations - Food for Thought | Cvent
Industry professionals, who are not professional speakers, are often asked to present at meetings. It is not easy to be comfortable speaking
Would a Dine Around Work for You? - Food for Thought | Cvent
Most conventions leave one open night, where nothing official is planned. It can be to save money. It can be to give attendees...
1 Question About Sourcing Audio-visual - Food for Thought | Cvent
Question: When you outsource your audio-visual, does a tech usually stay in the room to make sure your audio-visual doesn't have any issues?
The Banquet Event Order (BEO) - Food for Thought | Cvent
How much attention do you pay to your BEOs? I'm guessing: less than you should. Also called Function Sheet or Event Order, Banquet Event...
When Your Space Is Not Adequate for Your Event - Food for Thought | Cvent
I recently received this question from a student: What do you do when you have to book a site way in advance and then later find out that...