The latest +Kubuntu
release (15.10) is so buggy, I don't even know where to start the bug reports.
* kwin_x11 crashes regularly, and then I can't move windows anymore
* plasmashell crashed quite often
* Waking up from "sleep mode" seems to be buggy, this causes most of the trouble
* Occasionally X crashes when the laptop wakes up from sleep, logging out my entire session
* The update tool shows a red icon in the notification area, but clicking on it tells me "system is up to date", nevertheless there is no way to get rid of the icon
* Configuration for the second monitor is no longer saved, or lost over time
* More often than not I cannot even activate the second monitor, I click the "enable" checkbox and hit "Apply" and the checkbox is unticked again
* The display light is sometimes not activated when the laptop wakes up
* The display light is sometimes not activated when the laptop is locked and I move the mouse or hit a key - makes it hard to figure out if the password field has focus
* Application settings are not stored, or most of them. However I was not able to figure out what is stored and restored, and what not.
All in all that's a very long list of problems, and make me regret that I had to install this laptop and did chose 15.10 over an older version. #Ubuntu #Kubuntu #KDE