Profile

Cover photo
Scott S
2,296 views
AboutPosts

Stream

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
Considering if LynkedIn (To avoid spam) is worth it for my business...

I have near zero experience with them, other than regularly seeing them spam address books for new members. My business is currently 100% B2B, so it may be worth it to better connect with the various business owners and managers we already work with.

That said, I despise the idea of their network, so I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had good experiences to outweigh the bad I've already seen.

I'd love to hear about experiences others have had. Thanks!
1
Christopher Foley's profile photoScott S's profile photo
3 comments
Scott S
 
We sell automotive hardware for collision repair (nuts, bolts, rivets, etc). All of our customers are body shops, collision repair centers, or business in related industries (mechanical, auto glass, etc). I know a few of our clients are using it, thanks to the spam, but can't say much beyond that.
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
1
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
Scary, huh?
Bernie Sanders originally shared:
 
The final four banks. (Source: Mother Jones Magazine).
1
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at #OccupyWallstreet on twitter. Day 11 of protests against the 1% of americans that oppress the rest of the 99% of us. They are live streaming here: http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution (When not covering the students who took over a TV station in protest in Athens, Greece)
1
Add a comment...

Scott S changed his profile photo.

Shared publicly  - 
 
Scott S changed his profile photo.
1
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
 
This is what happens to your body within one hour of drinking a can of soda.

10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system, which is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake. You'd normally vomit from such an intake, but the phosphoric acid cuts the flavor.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar skyrockets. Your pancreas attempts to maximize insulin production in order to turn high levels of sugar into fat.

40 minutes: As your body finishes absorbing the caffeine, your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, and your liver pumps more sugar into the bloodstream. Adenosine receptors in your brain are blocked preventing you from feeling how tired you may actually be.

45 minutes: Your body increases dopamine production, causing you to feel pleasure and adding to the addictiveness of the beverage. This physical neuro response works the same way as it would if we were consuming heroin.

60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, which boosts your metabolism a bit further. High doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners compound this effect, increasing the urinary excretion of calcium. The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (You have to GO!) Your body will eliminate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was otherwise heading to your bones. And you will also flush out the sodium, electrolytes and water. Your body has eliminated the water that was in the soda. And in the process it was infused with nutrients and minerals your body would have otherwise used to hydrate your system or build body cells, bones, teeth.

The sugar crash begins. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You start feeling like crap. Time to grab another?
1
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
Is it just me, or is the level of content being shared on Google+ way down?
1
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
Matt Cutts originally shared:
 
Here's a longer #seo #video that we taped a little while ago to help site owners figure out what might be going on if their site drops in Google's rankings.

We've recorded over 400 videos for webmasters at this point. You can find more videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleWebmasterHelp if you're interested.
1
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
If anyone knows any big names in the Ruby on Rails world, please share so I can start following them here on Google+. No luck on wycats, rbates, matz, jose valim, etc.
1
Ian Magnone's profile photo
Add a comment...

Scott S

Shared publicly  - 
 
Google+ is awesome. Click the "more information" button to join in.
1
1
Add a comment...
Story
Bragging rights
I was patted on the back by the most interesting man in the world.
Links
YouTube
Contributor to
Basic Information
Gender
Male