If you were wondering why people were uncomfortable with PulpRev being a revolution... this is it. -- "Groffin, I like your attitude. The dissident right as a whole is vulnerable to fawning over e-celebs rather than approaching the arts with appropriate fear and trembling. I’ve been critical of the same sorts of things you have been, though I haven’t been as loud as I should have. If you come on our Discord we’ve been having a similar discussion, I’d love to see more of your input there."
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- No idea. Looks like he's on his way to being banned from Vox Popoli due to his inability to play nice, though...!46w
- Pissing in an ocean of piss. He needs to find the discord, we'll set him right. Oh, you forgot the link
discordapp.com - Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
which by some hilarious coincidence says "VD Jfff"
So what's the deal with people being uncomfortable about pulprev being a revolution? I don't get what you're saying.46w
- VD Jfff? Bwa-ha-ha!
The diminution of the term "pulp revolution" was motivated in part by a desire to mollify the people that were committed to not looking like a threat. The sort that is more or less okay with the status quo and which would not ever conceive of themselves as guerrillas or culture warriors. Groffin goes further, of course, and outright mocks that sort of thing as being futile and laughable. Cautioning against triumphalism probably has some merit, no doubt. But this guy's despair is on an entirely different level.46w
- Oh! I can see how you'd think that. It was actually out of a desire to talk about pulp revolution and pulp revival at the same time, as Twitter was still at 140 characters and doing both hashtags limited the expression. Yeah, we don't care about looking like a threat, and we're not fans of the status quo either. I wouldn't conceive of myself as a guerrilla unless I were actually out making physical Shadowrun hit-and-runs against tradpub, and while that day may come I don't think the triumphalist rhetoric is actually doing much.
I can see where the despair's coming from, too. On one side there are the most execrable people to have ever written in English, on the other we're strutting around declaring victory, calling ourselves guerrilla culture warriors when we really haven't produced much that's noteworthy and our culture really does seem like a massive recursive back-patting festival. He could use more tact, I know, but if he's the same Groffin that makes Madoka fanfics at fanfiction.net he's just a young college kid. They've all got despair.46w
- I'm afraid he'll never get over being compared to Denethor.46w
- Those were some harsh negs, and if he hadn't been falling over himself saying he hoped we succeeded I'd be laughing with you more.46w
Add a comment...