My initial thoughts on this here Plus experience.
Google Plus: The Good and the Bad
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I can't wait for an API so all kinds of integrations (Twitter!) become reality. I would like to see G+ as a social backbone much like FriendFeed was in it's hip times.Jul 25, 2011
- Great point. API has been critical to both Twitter (hello TweetDeck + Tweetie, among many smaller projects) and Facebook (Farmville, say n'more). We can pretty well assume there will be an API. The question remains about its capabilities and the overall developer experience.Jul 25, 2011
- I do remember that!!! It feels like Twitter's in maintenance mode sometimes. I liked the idea that formats could evolve over time by communities on the edge.Jul 25, 2011
- Good Job, Michael!Jul 25, 2011
- Nice post, I found it interesting that you compared G+ to Twitter and not to Facebook. Every blogger/techsite is looking for the Facebook killer, which is wrong. Just like Android should be an iOS killer...
I think that if it goes well, G+ will grow to be in the top 3 social networks, but it should not try to be something that it is not.Jul 25, 2011
Add a comment...