Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Sport360
140 followers -
Where sport is front page news
Where sport is front page news

140 followers
About
Posts

Post has attachment
Public
Dubai-based Adrian Otaegui sets sights on Ryder Cup debut after Belgian Knockout success: Dubai-based Adrian Otaegui has his sights set on a Ryder Cup debut after claiming his second European Tour title with victory over France’s Benjamin Hebert in the final of the inaugural Belgian Knockout in Antwerp. The Spaniard, who won the Paul Lawrie Match Play event last year, birdied four of the last six holes to beat Hebert by two shots at Rinkven International Golf Club. The 25-year-old picked up 195,830 Race to Dubai points for his victory and moves from 20th to 14th in the Race to Dubai Rankings on 715,505 points leaving him on the cusp of qualification for the DP World Tour Championship taking place at Jumeirah Golf Estates from November 15-18. “I’m very happy, very relaxed now after those last nine holes against Ben that were very tight,” Otaegui said. “I think we both played very good golf and I’m just very proud about my week. “It’s not exactly the same format as last year [Paul Lawrie’s event] so I just tried to play against myself. Obviously your opponent is just next to you but I tried to focus on my game, it’s still stroke play and I did very well at the end.” Asked about his chances of qualifying for the European Ryder Cup team, which will be captained by Thomas Bjorn in Paris, Otaegui said: “Thomas, if you’re looking at me, I like match play! “There’s still a lot of season to go, obviously the good events coming now with the Rolex Series and lots of points. The season is still very long but yeah, I’m looking for Ryder Cup in a few months.” Masters champion Patrick Reed of America currently leads the Race to Dubai rankings with 2,216,000 points whilst Shubhankar Sharma of India sits in second on 1,079,898 points. Defending Race to Dubai champion Tommy Fleetwood completes the top three on 1,023,670 points. T12 ➡️ T10 ➡️ T12 ➡️ T19 ➡️ 2nd ➡️ 1stTrending in the right direction, @adrianotaegui pic.twitter.com/pUtCBN4xtL— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) May 20, 2018
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Public
WATCH: Jupp Heynckes is farewelled by Bayern Munich – again – after picking up fourth Bundesliga title: Bayern Munich fans turned up in their thousands on Sunday to bid farewell to Jupp Heynckes for a second time. The 73-year-old is going back into retirement after leading Bayern to a fourth Bundesliga title. Bayern were five points adrift when he returned in October, but regrouped to wrap up the title with five matches to spare. Heynckes however will be disappointed to be bowing out with just one piece of silverware. It might have been more for the respected veteran but Eintracht Frankfurt stunned Bayern to win the German Cup final on Saturday, while Real Madrid denied the German giants a place in the Champions League final. But Heynckes happily lifted the league trophy at Sunday’s presentation watched by a sea of supporters who flooded Munich’s streets to pay tribute to him. Watch the video below.  
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
WATCH: Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde says Andres Iniesta will be talked about long into the future: Ernesto Valverde claims ‘there will never be another’ Andres Iniesta as the departing Barcelona icon ‘let us live football in every dimension’. La Liga champions Barca claimed a 1-0 win over Real Sociedad and it was a fitting finale for the 34-year-old, who lifted the trophy for a ninth time. “The treatment he received after I brought him on was very moving,” said coach Valverde. “He’s a player with a special type of magic. He makes easy what we all find difficult, and this is the essence of his football. He’s let us live football in every dimension. “Fans chanting his name non-stop? I can say I was the coach and was there. Moments like these are unrepeatable and historical. “I feel privileged to have coached Iniesta like all the others before me. We’re talking about a unique, one-of-a-kind player. “There will never be another player like him, and I had the good luck to coach him.” Watch the rest of the video below…
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Watch new PSG boss Thomas Tuchel talk about rumoured target Gianluigi Buffon: New Paris Saint-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel has spoken about the Juventus exit of legendary goalkeeper – and rumoured transfer target – Gianluigi Buffon. Buffon, 40, announced his exit last week from the Old Lady after 17 years and 21 major trophies. This has led to reports of a possible switch to Ligue 1. “First of all, we have to say that I cannot imagine a Juventus without Gianluigi Buffon – but it happens now,” said Tuchel. Watch the rest of the video below.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Pep Guardiola plots £100m bid to bring Chelsea’s Eden Hazard to Man City: The summer transfer window for international deals is now less than one month away and rumours of players and coaches potentially being on the move are coming at a frenzied pace. Across the world of football, there is plenty of activity and stories that have football fans talking. Here, we look at the latest transfer deals that could happen very soon. Get in touch with your thoughts too via Twitter and Facebook. EDEN HAZARD Chelsea‘s star of their FA Cup final win over Manchester United has attracted the interest from the other half of the Mancunian territory. Eden Hazard has emerged as Manchester City‘s chief transfer target this summer with manager Pep Guardiola set to launch a serious bid for his services, the Daily Star report . After storming to the Premier League title and sending records tumbling, the champions are keen to add reinforcements ahead of new season and the Belgian would strengthen their already deep squad. However, Hazard could easily set the Citizens behind by a £100 million while his weekly wage would be in the region of £300,000. Eden Hazard MAROUANE FELLAINI AC Milan are growing in confidence in their bid to sign Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini, according to the Express. The robust Belgian is yet to put pen to paper over a new deal at United and is set to be a free agent in June. Jose Mourinho has suggested that he would like to keep Fellaini at United but the club have been unsuccessful in their efforts to secure his signature. The 30-year-old is likely to field offers from the Chinese Super League as well but Milan reportedly entered the bidding last week. The Italian club’s sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli has suggested a deal could be in the works. Marouane Fellaini HECTOR BELLERIN Juventus maintain an interest in Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin but do not agree with the Premier League’s £50m valuation, the Daily Express reports. The Serie A champions are keen to make a move for the Spaniard but would need Arsenal to lower their asking price. The decision to sell or not will ultimately lie with Arsene Wenger’s successor with former player Mikel Arteta being the favourite to take over the reins at the Emirates Stadium. Bellerin has consistently been linked with a move away from England in the last couple of years with Barcelona the interested party. Hector Bellerin
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
England Test captain Joe Root to bat at three against Pakistan: Joe Root will move up the England batting order to number three for their Test series against Pakistan – but how will it affect his scoring? A revamped top order under new national selector Ed Smith sees the captain move up a place, with his Yorkshire colleague Jonny Bairstow set to bat at number five and the free-scoring Jos Buttler recalled at seven. Root spoke of his desire to “take on a bit more responsibility” and “make really big runs” – something he certainly achieved when making a career-best 254 at first drop against Pakistan at Old Trafford in July 2016. His overall record in that position, though, features only one other century – 124 in India later the same year – and an average of 43.96, nearly nine runs down on his career mark. Root’s Test average is best at number five, a remarkable 73.13, while he also averages more than 50 in his most established position at number four. Those two slots also account for 10 of his 13 Test centuries. He opened the batting for the 2013 Ashes – as well as one innings against India in 2016 after an injury to Haseeb Hameed – and made 180 at Lord’s but otherwise enjoyed little success and averages 41.70 at the top of the order. Eight innings at number six between 2012 and 2014 produced just two half-centuries, both against India, and an average of 40.17 while on his one outing at seven – when Steven Finn was promoted as a nightwatchman against New Zealand in 2013 – Root failed to trouble the scorers. Root’s failure to convert fifties into hundreds – let alone the “really big runs” he craves – has invited ongoing scrutiny in recent years. He has reached three figures in just a quarter of the innings in which he has passed 50 in his career, 13 out of 52, including two out of 14 since the start of last year and none of his last nine half-centuries. His career conversion rate drops from 25 per cent to 20 per cent when batting at number three – he has eight other fifties to his name in that spot in addition to the two aforementioned tons.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Watch Antoine Griezmann being given unconditional support by Diego Simeone after Atletico Madrid whistles: Atletico Madrid boss Diego Someone has offered his unconditional support to Antoine Griezmann, after the star forward was whistled by fans on Sunday. Griezmann, 27, was visibly upset after being booed upon his introduction as a substitute during Los Rojiblancos’ final La Liga game of the season – a 2-2 draw against Eibar. This follows repeat rumours about a blockbuster summer switch to Barcelona. “I think there were 40 or 50 whistling him, but there were also 60,000 people supporting him,” said Simeone.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Live cricket blog: IPL final four is decided and Chennai Super Kings will take some stopping: Alex Broun and the rest of the Sport360 team are in place to provide you with the latest news, comment and analysis on all things cricket. Our daily blog will ensure you have all the latest updates throughout the week but we want you to get involved, too. Tell us your thoughts on what’s happening by tweeting @Sport360. 10.29am: The IPL final four is decided and CSK look hard to beat The final two matches in the preliminary rounds of IPL 2018 were completed yesterday and the Rajasthan Royals would have been nervously sitting on their hands and knees all day and night. But with the Delhi Daredevils first ending the Mumbai Indians campaign and then a superb spell of fast bowling from Lungi Ngidi propelling the Chennai Super Kings to a comfortable victory over Kings XI Punjab – Rajasthan could finally relax and start preparing for the Eliminator against Kolkata Knight Riders on Wednesday. It may however all be in vain as Sport360 cricket writer Denzil Pinto believes the Super Kings will be hard to catch in the semi-finals. CSK meet the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the first Qualifier on Tuesday night. With #Thala @msdhoni and #KuttiThala #Ziva. Was a fun night yesterday. #CSKvKXIP #WhistlePodu pic.twitter.com/JZxSFWUfuc— Lungi Ngidi (@YengadiLungi) May 21, 2018
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Public
Chelsea captain Gary Cahill calls for end to Antonio Conte ‘uncertainty’: Chelsea captain Gary Cahill has called for “the uncertainty to be put to bed” over the future of head coach Antonio Conte. The Blues beat Manchester United 1-0 in the FA Cup final on Saturday as Conte completed the season with a second trophy in English football, after winning the Premier League title in his first campaign. A fifth-placed finish, missing out on Champions League qualification, has added to speculation the FA Cup final will be Conte’s last match as Blues boss after an at-times fractious campaign. Cahill believes a decision must be made one way or the other. Asked what it would take for the Blues to move on and make the necessary close-season preparations, Cahill said: “Probably for the uncertainty to be put to bed and for whatever’s going to happen to happen. “It’s out of our hands. We have to try to deliver on the pitch. We fell short in some aspects this season but (on Saturday) we produced. The rest behind the scenes is not down to us.” Conte signed an improved contract last summer – but not an extension – to his three-year deal which expires in June 2019. And after winning the FA Cup the Italian said he “can’t change” and is a “serial winner”, effectively calling for the club, owned by Roman Abramovich, to back him or sack him. “Us, as players, we don’t have any impact on that situation,” Cahill added. “I’m sure, if I was a guessing man, they obviously will have spoken, between the club and the manager. And let’s see. “I’m sure the manager will make the best decision for himself and his family. And I’m sure the club will make the best decision they feel. “It’s totally out of our hands. All I can say is it’s been a great finish. If the manager stays on next year, he stays on. “If he doesn’t, he’s gone away with a Premier League and FA Cup. I think that’s something everyone at the club can be proud of. “We really had to win this game to save the season. And when I say that I don’t mean save it and all of a sudden it’s a massive success. “At the same time it’s an FA Cup and we’ve won a trophy this year, which a number of teams haven’t managed to do. “When you look at it in terms of last year, Premier League title, and then the FA Cup it’s not too bad. “Over four years that’s two Premier League titles, one FA Cup and one runners-up. For me that’s success.”
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Public
Nemanja Matic says Man United need to recruit experience this summer: Nemanja Matic believes Manchester United must target experience in the transfer market this summer to give themselves the best possible chance of avoiding another season without a trophy. The Red Devils lost Saturday’s FA Cup final 1-0 to Matic’s former club Chelsea as Eden Hazard’s first-half penalty was enough to settle the contest. That means Jose Mourinho was unable to add to the EFL Cup and Europa League double from his first campaign in charge at Old Trafford. United did finish second in the Premier League, their best placing since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013, but they were a massive 19 points behind their neighbours Manchester City. Mourinho has been backed heavily since his arrival, bringing in the likes of Paul Pogba, Eric Bailly, Romelu Lukaku and Matic for big money, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alexis Sanchez were signed on massive contracts. But midfielder Matic believes more is required if United are to compete at home and abroad next season. “I think we need some players with some experience to bring some more qualities to our team,” Matic said after the defeat to the Blues. “After that, we can fight for the title and the Champions League also. I think that we have improved. As you know, United last year were sixth. The year before that, fifth. “So we improve, we are second. The only team who is better than us this year is Man City. Obviously, they play amazing football. But we are second and we are in the Champions League next year which is the most important thing. “As you saw in the game, we tried to play – we played good football – but Chelsea have some players that can punish every mistake like Hazard did so we have to accept to see where we can improve and next year to try and win some trophies.” While Matic wants to see new recruits come in ahead of next season, the Serbia international admits the pressure will also be on the whole squad to deliver success. “Of course, this is football,” he said, when asked if there was more pressure because of the lack of silverware. “When you don’t win one year the next year (there) is always more pressure. When you play for the club, Manchester United, it is a normal thing and we have to accept that and deal with that. “When you win the trophy it’s different and you feel better but the most important thing is that we can look in the mirror and know we gave our best (in the cup final). “I feel the team was sad after the game – we know we deserved more – but this is football. This is a final – everything can happen – so we have to be focused on the next challenge.”
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded