When we launched the latest version of Google TV, we promised we'd bring new features out frequently. We're pleased to be making a big update to the YouTube app on Google TV in the next few days. See our blog for more details, and we'll post a reminder on this page when the apps becomes available.
75 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 47 previous comments
- Updating outside the US!!!
I am sure it will make a lot of users happier if the lucky ones with google tvs outside the US could also update to the latest and greatest versions of the built in apps (at least those).
It is very frustrating knowing there is great update out there, seeing it in the market, and not being able to update.
It is also frustrating that some great apps are not available - such as the google tv remote - outside the US. I have a xoom and can't install this app.
Do you have any plans for opening those ones (and more) for outside the US users? please say yes...Feb 14, 2012
- you can rent movies from amazon video on demand.Feb 14, 2012
- While I cannot update some basic apps I side loaded youtube which is really cool now and I can watch Netflix via the app as we have Netflix in the UK.Feb 14, 2012
- Shane - thanks for the tip - I will try and find the open source project and compile it myself. I will keep your offer in mind!Feb 14, 2012
- The new YouTube App is really nice, love the carousel. Does it support YouTube movies yet? What is the preferred way of discovering movies, TV + Movies App, or Android Market (No movies on the Google TV Version, please make it possible to buy Movies + Music from Google TV). What will be the preferred way of watching YouTube rentals, YouTube app or the Videos App?Feb 15, 2012
- I can't seem to update. my revue keeps telling me "update unsuccessful" I called logitech, they told me all revues are having this issue. i called google and they told me there is no update. wtf is going on here. i just wanna check out the same cool stuff everybody else gets to play with
grrrrrrrrFeb 18, 2012