Join us tomorrow at 11am PDT for a #GoogleTV Hangout On Air with our Fans! We will be talking about what you like to do on your Google TV. And if you can't make the event, we will have a recording made available later that day.
36 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 36 previous comments
- Gotta add DVR functionality and, if not an ATSC tuner or 2 or 4... then the ablity to stream and capture to the cloud...from ATSC over Ethernet devices like the SiliconDust HD HomeRun. This would get you back the cord cutters you alienated in your choice of pandering to cable and sat users only to have them block you and spit in your face... Cable and Sat providers are liars and crooks... go with the free over the air broadband that gives you 19Mbps of one way free streaming from TV stations if you just put up an antenna.
Oh... and while you're at it how about some tools for Mobile Free DTV over tabs and phones... this is the future of free TV.May 4, 2012
- Good points. WIll share with the team. -KevinMay 4, 2012
- Google TV has amazing potential worldwide as a platform in companion accessories or TV sets. A major strength is standardization of a user interface and app platform that can be consistent across products. Compared to the endless diversity of asian Android media players Google TV offers a well thought out platform that allows apps to work across a wide range of devices and screen sizes. I hope vendors see the light and go for a joint platform instead of attempting to compete with lots of individual "Smart TV" web centric solutions. Making sure support gets added for DRM this can have live TV and VOD content providers join in. An eco system is needed where a critical mass of stakeholders find common ground and can end up as the most popular living room appliance :)May 5, 2012
- Thanksglad you are enjoying it. -KevinMay 5, 2012
- I really want to use Google TV, but I live in the Netherlands, and currently there isn't a possibility to get a system with Google TV. For what I have seen on Youtube, Google TV looks great!May 7, 2012
- It is possible to get Google TV products by importing them from the U.S. That can at least be useful for developers who want a device to test on. You will not have your usual TV channels fully integrated in the channel guides and so on but it is usually possible to use an existing TV set top box as input and be able to control channel selection using the Google TV remote. But as such a pioneer user there is little support or warranties, one need to be comfortable with trying out the products "at own risk" in that scenario.May 7, 2012