The Growth Coach - National Capital Region
Managing Director, 2007 - present
• Boutique business development, strategic consulting, and coaching firm.
• Interim executive (COO) for companies between $1M-$25M in sales trying to improve overall business performance
• Provide strategic consulting and coaching services, helping clients create more effective and better-running organizations. Clients include owners/CEOs/senior leaders of small and large organizations. Notable current and past client include Capital One, NOAA, Apex Home Loans, Spirent, MarcParc, FastSigns
• Lecturer/Speaker throughout the US on strategy, leadership, and sales. National contributor to the Business Journals, adjunct professor of various business topics (Finance, Marketing, and Leadership) at Northern Virginia Community College.
• Provide strategic guidance and business development services for high-tech companies seeking Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), and large company business. Services focus on identifying target opportunities and creating the relationships necessary to enable adoption of the technology into DoD or IC programs. Clients included Northrop Grumman, Veloxity, EverFi, and Tech2000.
• Founder of the Strategic Business Forum (http://www.thestrategicbusinessforum.com)
Director - Program Operations, 2003 - 2011
Promoted to Director in May of 2005.
• Developed and managed several multimillion dollar, multi-year, research and development (R&D) projects funded by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) of the Department of Defense (DoD).
• Led teams comprised of up to 10 different contractors, staffed with the world’s experts in physics, mathematics, software development, and modeling. This included finding innovative ideas throughout the nation, determining whether the development team can deliver on their ideas, and then aligning those ideas to solving difficult engineering problems.
• Led MDA’s Project Hercules Space Tracking and Surveillance System (STSS) Project from the beginning in 2007 to its successful conclusion in 2008.
• Program Manager for the very successful Hercules FBS Team that delivered several of the most important software programs that Hercules has developed. Managed team from the summer of 2003 until I was promoted to STSS Project Lead.
Senior Manager - CO Strategy and Management, 2000 - 2003
Photon Research Associates
Systems Engineer, 1998 - 2000
Supervisor, 1996 - 1998
United States Navy
Submarine Officer / Instructor, 1989 - 1996