It’s been just over a year since I became CEO again. Instead of our usual Founders’ Letter, I wanted to do something different and give you an update on what we are focused on. Top of my priority list has been creating a simpler, more intuitive experience across all our products so users get exactly what they need, right when they want it. While we will always have improvements to make, I am excited about our progress and the opportunities in front of Google today. You can read my CEO update below.
1584 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 338 previous comments
- I have stopped promoting all Google products to my friends ever since I learned about the plan to discontinue iGoogle: I am very disappointed. There is no substitute.Jul 30, 2012
- I Love Google,which makes people live more and more better！you will become a successful CEO in future！Aug 2, 2012
- I got something to say: "Dont be evil!", thats all. :DAug 11, 2012
- Larry I want to point out that you are empowering corporations and people with bad intentions to stop the public, in general, from being free to post videos to YouTube by falsely claiming copyrights to materials they do not possess. I have a video of a singer singing "Amazing Grace" in a church on 9/11 that was broadcasted on ABC here in Washington DC. Some corporation that buys or produces some non-mainstream version of popular songs or materials then claims infringement of any video posted to YouTube. In "911 Amazing Grace-BE READY TO CRY" case the only thing in common with the claim is the the words "Amazing Grace" in the title. The corporation making the claim has 13 copyrighted version of various bad performances of "Amazing Grace" from bagpipes to no name singers. "Amazing Grace" has been sung around the world since the 1800s, there is no copyright on singing it. With these corporation falsely claiming infringement when there is no validity to their claims they are out to damage Google, YouTube, and their users.
I have embedded the URL for my video. I want you to explain how this is a copyright infringement on a copyrighted video of a bagpipe band!
9/11 Amazing Grace-BE READY TO CRY
This is a YouTube embedded URL:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JvB4xmtMD3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks, and please empower your users and prevent abuse from the corporations,
Ron EnglandAug 20, 2012
- Keep on doing a great job.Aug 21, 2012
- Oct 24, 2012