We will work towards achieving our vision by providing judicial officers with advanced knowledge and skills to improve the professional expertise of judicial officer and the quality of justice through various programs and activities.
The Sri Lanka Judges’ Institute will seek to fulfill its MISSION by contributing to the following goals:
- providing continuous training for judicial officers ;
- providing support for judicial officers through research, publications and technical assistance;
- providing facilities for the exchange of views and ideas on judicial and legal matters by judicial officers
- organizing and holding seminars, conferences, lectures, workshops with a view to improving the professional expertise of judicial officers and advancing their knowledge and skills
- contributing to the development of guidelines for best practices in delay reduction by way of case management and case flow management
- conducting research activities on various aspects of administration of justice
- providing library and web-based educational facilities and dissemination of legal information and material for judges
- maintaining interact with international judicial institutions.
- contributing to the law reforms towards providing redress to litigants in order to uphold public trust and confidence in the judicial system.
- contributing to the development and implementation of national policy and procedures regarding administration of justice and access to justice.
Tel: (+94)11 243 7528, (+94)11 254 3401, (+94) 11 254 1193
Sri Lanka Judges' Institute, Ministry Of Justice, MOJ New Building, Adhikarana Mawatha, Colombo 12,Sri Lanka.